+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5888Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

FORT Fogey

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I swear....between this royal stupid wedding at the end of the week, and the constant weather alerts, there's nothing else on television!
    Time to curl up with a good book??

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Actually, I'm even doing that, too. I'm reading Stormy Weather, about the life of Lena Horne.

And harassing the cats!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

The storms are horrible. I hope everyone stays safe, and prayers out to everyone affected. These tornadoes are causing a lot of sadness. Even we are getting wind warnings today. Very strong winds out there today, coming from another track of storms in the East. Its been raining all week.

The good news is I'm finally going to have my garage sale this Saturday and its suppose to be sunny and low 60s!!!

WooHoo we are finally getting some sunshine here. All we have had are storms and rain for almost a week. It has been unusually chilly here but am ready for some warmer weather today. A lady from our church had a call from her brother in Georgia and they had a tornado and his truck was blown in his house.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

MRD

Sending out thoughts and prayers to all affected by the storms.
    Our own FORT member, Doxie is ok. Shaken up, but fine. They are in Birmingham.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Actually, I'm even doing that, too. I'm reading Stormy Weather, about the life of Lena Horne.

And harassing the cats!
    It just dawned on me how ironic that I was reading Stormy Weather while the weather drama was unfolding over the past couple of weeks. Sometimes, I can be a little slow!

The weather has been keeping me awake a lot of nights, but I have been much luckier than so many. It is really scary to have tornado sirens go off in the middle of the night when you can't see anything outside....not that I could do anything about it. There is just a level of comfort removed from not being able to see anything outside....just hear the chaos.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    Sending out thoughts and prayers to all affected by the storms.
    Our own FORT member, Doxie is ok. Shaken up, but fine. They are in Birmingham.
    Thanks for letting us know about Doxie, I remembered that some of our friends are from Alabama, and was hoping they were all okay.

Everyone buddy up! Find someone you trust and forge a connection outside of FORT (e-mail, facebook, phone) so nobody disappears without us knowing how they are.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Everyone buddy up! Find someone you trust and forge a connection outside of FORT (e-mail, facebook, phone) so nobody disappears without us knowing how they are.
    I hate when people disappear without explanation.....

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Gutmutter - great advice!! I have done that with several of the fine people I've met on FORT. When I disappeared (to the hospital) in October, one of them called my house and spoke to my hubby to be sure something drastic had not happened to me; another sent me flowers. It is gratifying to know people I've never met care so much. What a great place FORT is.

+ Reply to Thread