+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5781Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Question - Has anybody on here researched their family tree?
    It's my stepmother's 90th b'day and there's going to be a big party / family gathering for her.
    I saw a show the other night for the first time - Who do you think you are?
    It featured Ashley Judd and she was researching her ancestry on her hather's side. I loved it and thought that that might be a good gift for my step mom.
    Has anybody done this? Any recommended sites - Ancestry.com?
    How expensive ii it? Were you pleased with the results?

TIA
    There's also a thread devoted to genealogical research in this forum.

Genealogical Research
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

How does one start a new thread? I've only done it once, but it's been "forever ago".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Between the Sub-Forum box and the Threads in Forum box, there is a New Thread button.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    It's supposed to snow here on Thursday. To hell with having four seasons...if I ever get to retire, I'm going to live somewhere where the temperature never dips to freezing.
    Snow?! Watch me balk.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

MRD

Ancestry.com is not expensive and totally worth it. They have an incredible amount of data. It's around $14/month.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    It's supposed to snow here on Thursday. To hell with having four seasons...if I ever get to retire, I'm going to live somewhere where the temperature never dips to freezing.
    I did that 25 years ago (but long before retirement age) -- from Milwaukee to San Diego -- and have never regretted it.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I just returned from a trip - Oregon to Washington DC and back in 4 days. I flew over lots of snowy, cold landscapes along the way! But got lucky on the two full days I was in DC - 70 degrees and just beautiful!! I had plenty of meetings, but managed to see the sights on a few breaks. The Lincoln Memorial is quite beautiful at night. Actually the whole Mall area is a sight to behold, day or night.

We had some crazy weather in our part of the country. Tornadoes! In Virginia of all places! I keep telling my husband who wants to retire back to Texas when he gets out of the Navy "That I do not want to live in tornado alley" so....the tornadoes came to me!

We were out last night so I could show him the Coach bag I want for a Mother's Day present when I looked at the sky and said "You know, if this were Texas I'd say that looks like a tornado sky and we should be running for cover." Exactly 30 minutes later all heck broke loose, we lost power, and then when it came back on I see on the news that the sky I was looking at had heralded a band of tornadoes that ripped through our area. Luckily they were F-nothings but we aren't used to tornadoes so they shook everybody up and did some property damage and minor injuries.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

We had a tornado drop down in our town thurdsay night. Oklahoma got a bunch of them. We do live in tornado alley. This is the second time a tornado had dropped down in the same place here.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

I've been following the weather since Thursday. There are 241 tornadoes reported, 50 confirmed. Sadley they are reporting 39 deaths. Its very sad to see the destruction these storms have caused.

Glad to hear you are safe Harmony. I'm no where near the affected areas, but we are getting some pretty strong winds all day today. I can't imagine a tornadoe.

Stay safe out there.

+ Reply to Thread