+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6764Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

  1. #16861
    Best Buddies Gutmutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Nap Time
    Posts
    13,314

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    There have been a couple of times I've downloaded an audio book I'm listening to onto my Kindle because I can read it faster than I can listen to it, and it's not going fast enough with the little bit of driving I do. A couple of times I have listened to it inside the house if I'm doing a mindless cleaning task, but I don't do many of those.
    Count your blessings!

  2. #16862
    FORT Fogey PGM35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Round Rock, TX
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,431

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    There have been a couple of times I've downloaded an audio book I'm listening to onto my Kindle because I can read it faster than I can listen to it, and it's not going fast enough with the little bit of driving I do. A couple of times I have listened to it inside the house if I'm doing a mindless cleaning task, but I don't do many of those.
    I don't drive very much either (4 mile commute) and that means it takes a LONG time to finish an audio book in the car. I love being read to. SO and I used to read to each other. We probably should start that again!

  3. #16863
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,496

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    I went to get a follow-up mammogram this morning; this silly goose (me) had set the appointment up for 7:30 a.m. about 6 months ago. I pretty much knew that I should be in and out in a flash but, just in case of something unexpected, I took a book with me. I felt foolish with my book, until I got there and they asked for the order from the doctor, which I had not received when I saw her last December. Not only was the doctor's office not open yet, but my doctor is off on Fridays!!! There are plenty of other doctors in the practice, so I knew somebody would be able to pinch-hit (no pun intended ) for her, but they didn't even start taking calls until 8:30!! The clerk reached some nurse who got busy working on getting me a doctor's order. I was finally seen at almost 8:30. Thank goodness I had brought a book with me!!! I got a lot of reading done while I watched other appointments come and go. I didn't feel so foolish when I left there with my book! I was wary about setting my appointment for April Fool's Day; all of this chaos seemed to be just one huge April Fool's Day joke. This is one of those times that I didn't listen to my inner voice!! I knew it, I knew it, I knew it!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  4. #16864
    "SPYING" ButterflyFaery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Never Never Land
    Posts
    5,972

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I went to get a follow-up mammogram this morning; this silly goose (me) had set the appointment up for 7:30 a.m. about 6 months ago. I pretty much knew that I should be in and out in a flash but, just in case of something unexpected, I took a book with me. I felt foolish with my book, until I got there and they asked for the order from the doctor, which I had not received when I saw her last December. Not only was the doctor's office not open yet, but my doctor is off on Fridays!!! There are plenty of other doctors in the practice, so I knew somebody would be able to pinch-hit (no pun intended ) for her, but they didn't even start taking calls until 8:30!! The clerk reached some nurse who got busy working on getting me a doctor's order. I was finally seen at almost 8:30. Thank goodness I had brought a book with me!!! I got a lot of reading done while I watched other appointments come and go. I didn't feel so foolish when I left there with my book! I was wary about setting my appointment for April Fool's Day; all of this chaos seemed to be just one huge April Fool's Day joke. This is one of those times that I didn't listen to my inner voice!! I knew it, I knew it, I knew it!!!
    hope everything goes well with the test..I hate getting those..they get squished as flat as a pancake...hurts

    BTW: What were you reading..lol..always looking for books

    right now I am watching msnbc its a behind the scenes look at Dateline's to Catch a Predator and he's talking about after the first show how so many people got upset that the men were not arrestedl...and the guy says..I am afraid that after our first report that no one will show up and all you will see is me pacing around a empty kitchen..the sting was supposed to go on for 5 days but they had to call it off after 2 days because over 35 men had already showed up..and he was shocked...

    its sad & trajic that so many people in today's society want to engage in sex with children..EWWWWWWWWW
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

  5. #16865
    Over and Out! Bunny555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,368

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Please tell your children to not be on the phone or text while they are driving! Apparently my Alyssa was texting when she had her accident. :-(

  6. #16866
    FORT Fogey nennie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,885

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    I am so sorry Bunny555. My daughter does it too and I will warn her again not to do it.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

  7. #16867
    Over and Out! Bunny555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,368

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    I am so sorry Bunny555. My daughter does it too and I will warn her again not to do it.
    Please, please do! I can't stand the thought of another life lost to such nonsense!

  8. #16868
    Go Teams! inthegarden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,411

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555 View Post
    Please tell your children to not be on the phone or text while they are driving! Apparently my Alyssa was texting when she had her accident. :-(
    That is a good reminder to us all.


    I listen to audio books in the summer while I'm canning and freezing fruit and vegetables.

  9. #16869
    Premium Member canuckinchile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    back in "The Big Smoke"
    Posts
    6,962

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    It's against the law here and the fines are very hefty. I wish everyone would institute that. Sorry to hear that Bunny, and for your loss, but you make a very good point. Studies have shown that texting and driving is as bad or worse than driving drunk.

  10. #16870
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,146

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Oh, Bunny, I'm so sad to hear that.
    We have laws against it here, as well as the usual no handheld cell phone laws.
    No one seems to obey, either, however.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.