+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5667Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Has anyone had this stuff yet?

Wine in a Pouch? - Slashfood
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel View Post
    Sorry for quoting myself, the Italian Astronaut did tweet pics from space on the "super moon".

For those that are interested.

Moon and Earth | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

#Supermoon was spectacular from here! | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    Thanks for sharing..I tried to take some pictures but they didn't turn out great..It was just magical wasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Has anyone had this stuff yet?

Wine in a Pouch? - Slashfood
    I've not tried that, but the wine in a box is the same thing, just incased in a cardboard box.

I've started buying some wine that way because sometimes I just want a glass or a bit for cooking and hate to have to open a whole bottle. Sometimes a glass or two. It keeps fresh because there's no oxidation...and the boxed wines (well some, not all) have really come a long way. I like the concept!

And that size would be good for a picnic basket...really lighten the load!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

My rant of the day is... Books that I check out at the Library that are full of cigarette smoke. If you want to smoke that is your business but, have some respect for those of us who are allergic to cigarette smoke and puff it in another direction and not into the book. I tried setting it outside to air. I finally gave up and returned it to the Library. grumble. Time for a Kindle?? I love a real book.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    My rant of the day is... Books that I check out at the Library that are full of cigarette smoke. If you want to smoke that is your business but, have some respect for those of us who are allergic to cigarette smoke and puff it in another direction and not into the book...

I find that I have the same asthma allergic reaction to smoke residue as I do to smoke itself. It's really frustrating, not just for the obvious health/medical reasons, but also in that smokers perceive me as radical and fussy because the reaction doesn't happen dramatically all it once; it kind of "sneaks up." (I have same as with dog/cat dander -- and I'm just as allergic to service dogs as "regular" dogs. But I'm the evil one. [/soapbox]) I just hate the chest/upper back pain, the congestion, the dizziness and extreme fatigue, and the "jumpy" side-effects of the inhaler, and very few people understand. Or care to.
    Last edited by Ellen; 03-28-2011 at 02:34 PM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar

As someone with a severe cigarette smoke allergy, I really understand! I went through a rough patch where my inhaler wasn't working.
    I got switched to many different ones, with little help. On my own I researched and learned about vitamin D and how important it is to asthma.
    I was deficient and I'm just now pulling back up. I wanted to put that out there, in case it might help others.

My rant of the day is... Books that I check out at the Library that are full of cigarette smoke. If you want to smoke that is your business but, have some respect for those of us who are allergic to cigarette smoke and puff it in another direction and not into the book. I tried setting it outside to air. I finally gave up and returned it to the Library. grumble. Time for a Kindle?? I love a real book.
    Did you tell someone at the library about the book? Maybe they don't care, but I would if it was a library I worked at. The smell of stale cigarette smoke is just disgusting. It's horrifying how it can completely permeate a borrowed library book so fast, isn't it?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

MRD

See, we Southerners are not lazy. We're either tryin' or fixin' to.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

My old library always sprays the books. As a smoker who is cutting down, I'm beginning to smell the smoke. I think it's bad, and that helps me not to smoke so much!

Some of the books that kids return to my library end up stinky, too. I wrap them in newspaper and it sucks the smell off of them.

+ Reply to Thread