+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6547Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Has anyone ever done business with a jewelry party company called Premier Design? I'm curious about their jewelry. Help!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

One of my cousins started selling Premier jewelry last year, so I had a jewelry "party". Their stuff is pretty nice costume jewelry, and not too expensive. Their prices seem to range from about $25 - $65.

I got some a nice amount of credit to purchase jewelry after my party. All the pieces I've worn to work have received a lot of compliments.

MRD

Feel the same way about the South Bunny. I can tell the difference from a Virginia accent, Louisiana, Georgia, the Carolinas, etc. After living in Florida for so long I can pick up some of the Northern ones too.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

There's a difference between accents in the north/midwest, too. I can easily distinguish between Minnesota, Wisconsin (various areas in Wisconsin, my former home state), Michigan, etc. There's even a difference between northern, central, and southern California (my current home state). Luckily, I had some great professors, in the Linguistics Department at UWM, who specialized in dialectology. As a result, I developed a pretty good ear -- which comes in handy when I'm wearing my "dialect coach" hat!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Bunny, I think all regions are like that. North Georgians like me sound nothing like south Georgians or coastal GA/SC people. In "Gone With The Wind", Scarlett 'o Hara was supposed to be from Jonesboro, (now just south of Atlanta) so she probably would have sounded like me, sort of, if she were real, but in the movie she has a very definite far south GA accent. And there ae all colors and stripes in between as well.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    Feel the same way about the South Bunny. I can tell the difference from a Virginia accent, Louisiana, Georgia, the Carolinas, etc. After living in Florida for so long I can pick up some of the Northern ones too.
    When I lived in Fla(as a transplanted New Englander), I found it funny that the further South you went, the more apt you were to hear people speaking like I did. My ex always said that South Fla. wasn't considered the South.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Has anyone ever done business with a jewelry party company called Premier Design? I'm curious about their jewelry. Help!
    I've heard of it. The lia sophia stuff has been going around my circle of friends. Also good stuff. I got a bunch of credit for having a party and all the pieces get complimented. What kind of questions do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555 View Post
    When I lived in Fla(as a transplanted New Englander), I found it funny that the further South you went, the more apt you were to hear people speaking like I did. My ex always said that South Fla. wasn't considered the South.
    That's right -- it's actually NYC's sixth borough!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post
    I've heard of it. The lia sophia stuff has been going around my circle of friends. Also good stuff. I got a bunch of credit for having a party and all the pieces get complimented. What kind of questions do you have?
    I am curious about how the color holds up, and how it wears. I prefer yellow gold tones, but it's hard to find yellow gold tones, anymore, that lasts like it used to last. I'm also going to look into Lia Sophia. I just love jewelry...always have. I'm the kid that wants to (still!) come to your house and play "dress up" with your jewelry box.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

A transplanted friend of mine (from Pennsylvania) has always gotten tickled at how Southerners say, "I'm trying to catch a cold." or "I'm trying to get sick." I never even thought about it, but it took her years to get used to it. She said she'd always stop and wonder why someone would want to get sick ?
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

+ Reply to Thread