+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Grammatical pet peeve of the day: The phrase is "I couldn't care less.", NOT "I could care less."
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Grammatical pet peeve of the day: The phrase is "I couldn't care less.", NOT "I could care less."
    That bugs me too.

MRD

Well if I couldn't care less about something then I have so little care for it in the first place that I really couldn't care any less about it.
    If I could care less means I am capable of actually being able to care even less for something than I do now.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

And why would you want to be capable of caring less about something that you claim not to care about anyway? For me, I'm in the lowest pit of not caring, as it is, if I'm going to bother myself to go so far as to say "I don't care!" If I do still care, then it's a different story.

I have issues with ambiguity!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Pronunciation pet peeve! The word is pronounced "Lack-a-dai-si-cal"....not "Lax-a-dai-si-cal".

(I promise, I'm working on getting this stuff out of my system! )

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Pronunciation pet peeve! The word is pronounced "Lack-a-dai-si-cal"....not "Lax-a-dai-si-cal".

(I promise, I'm working on getting this stuff out of my system! )
    Have you tried a Lax-a-tive?
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

March 17th through 20th get 30% off at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy and 5% of your total spent will be donated to The leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Yes this offer is available in Canada also.! Please share with all your friends and family.

Get Coupon Here

Canadian residents use this coupon

My grammatical pet peeve is snuck. I cringe every time I hear it! The past tense of sneak is "sneaked" and that's that as far as I'm concerned.

I can still hear my 8th grade teacher, Mrs. Quesenberry, telling the class there's no such word. (well, there is now, but it isn't proper English) I don't let my children use it, and Mrs. Q's voice is always in the back of my mind when I hear others use it.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

"Sister Mary Holy Water" is the voice that I hear! The name has been changed to protect the deceased and the innocent!

I'm studying for the GMAT, so I'm more aware of grammatical mistakes than usual-- I found myself on the verge of correcting a friend's Facebook status update a couple days ago.

My big peeve these days is improper use of "phase." I could swear "faze" has fallen out of a lot of people's vocabularies.

+ Reply to Thread