+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7198Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4180774;
    I'm afraid to even post our weather, as I think I'll get a lot of snowballs thrown at me!
    Me too! It was unseasonably warm here - in the mid-70's. Crazy!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4180909;
    Retirement is SO WONDERFUL!!!! You all really make me feel gratitude for not having to tolerate idiots, never having to go out if I don't just want to. I was never one to put up with a lot of crap, though, thank goodness. I dealt with it all at my own pace, and at a time of my choosing, and the quieter I get the more dangerous I get! The most fun part of it was that they never knew when it was coming! I just love speechless faces!
    I second that emotion!!
    Although I have to be careful because sometimes life can get so busy and I have to fight against the tendency to say yes to everyone, thus filling up my days too much!
    I've been dreaming of a lovely lazy restful old age for a long time and am determined to achieve that goal. I did all that I was supposed to do in my younger years, all the responsible things and now it's my time, while I'm older but not decrepit.
    Time to read all those books, time to paint all those canvases, time to watch mindless tv while crocheting.......... and mostly time to enjoy being with hubby and my kids and soon.........grandchild!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;4181149;
    Went out with some g/friends for Thai food. On the way there it started snowing, pretty big flakes that I wish I never see again. By the time we left the restaraunt, it snowed so much in the two hours, the roads were a mess, traffic was crawling except for the big 4x4 4 wheel drive, I'm macho drivers. 25 minute drive took us 50 minutes. Then, I was greeted with about 3 inches of snow in my driveway. Just spent the last 1 1/2 hours shovelling, and its still coming down, those darn pretty flakes, that just won't go away.

I'm so tired of this. Maybe I'll take some pictures tomorrow.
    I went out with a friend who begged me (and offered to drive) to see "The King's Speech" just as the weather was starting and had a similar experience. I dreamed last night that the snow was almost melted and you could see grass in everyone's yards.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4181403;
    I went out with a friend who begged me (and offered to drive) to see "The King's Speech" just as the weather was starting and had a similar experience. I dreamed last night that the snow was almost melted and you could see grass in everyone's yards.
    Gut -- sorry you've had more snow, but I hope you enjoyed the movie. I thought it was the best I've seen in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4180774;
    I'm afraid to even post our weather, as I think I'll get a lot of snowballs thrown at me!
    You mean 70šs and sunny? We had some pretty good fog this morning, but it's clear and beautiful now. I'm lovin' this!
    (I know that rainy season isn't over yet, but I'll take this over what I grew up with any day!)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

It's been in the 30's here for the last couple of days, and it feels like summer! But, by Tuesday we are supposed to be back below zero, so I better enjoy it while I can.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

I heard the snowplow come by at 4am. I dreaded the thought of the mess I was going to have to shovel. I got up to have a look to see how bad it was at the end of my driveway. It was probably 3 feet high, 10 feet across, and a two feet wide.

I went back to bed thinking of who I could call to plow it out, my whole body and arm ached from the shovelling. I later woke up to the sound of a snowblower. I got up, looked out the window, and some guy was snowblowing it all for me! My neighbour, who is single, called her friends husband with a snowblower and asked him to come over and do both of ours, she had the same amount of snow at the end of her driveway. We've been helping eachother, but she was up earlier than I because she had to work today, and wouldn't be able to get out.

Omg! I can't express my gratitude to this guy. I called him and told him I'd pay him, he said no, I said yes, because you are coming all the time! Its worth it for me to pay him because I just can't handle it anymore! Its an added expense, but I figured since my son moved out my hydro/heating/water bills should be less.

I think all of you will get a kick out of this site.

Food Network Humor - Cook with them. Laugh with us.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4180781;
    Even worse - I'll come visit you when we have our Feb. vacation in 2 weeks! I can fly for free with my pilot daughter, but I can't afford a place to stay.
    You're more than welcome, Gut. Anytime.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;4182117;
    I think all of you will get a kick out of this site.

Food Network Humor - Cook with them. Laugh with us.
    The dark chocolate as a snack comments were hilarious.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

+ Reply to Thread