+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5671Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

The newlyweds have gone out of town. I have cleaned the house, done the laundry, bathroom, floors, etc. Opened up the doors and windows even tho it's a bit chilly, just to get it smelling good.

I set a gorgeous table, have created a nice song list on the ipod.

My poor husband has been working 2 jobs, then lost one of them, he is stressed out, has been working 6 and 7 day weeks and long hours.

So tonight, he is getting to come home to a nice clean house, a great meal, candles and music and I'm going to let him pick any movie on demand that he wants to see (even if it's one I don't).

He told me the other day that he has really enjoyed coming home to a "welcoming" house that is clean and hot food made, etc. He said he wishes I were working to help pay the bills, but that having me home taking care of the house is really nice too. And I wish I was working too as I need something besides the house to keep me occupied, but part of the "issues" we had last year is that I was so stressed with both school and work, we didn't have a clean house, clean laundry or hot meals as EVERYONE was working and going to school so I didn't even get a lot of help. As he works a physical job, I hate asking him for much help. Even though he does chip in and help out when he can.
    Anyway, that really made me feel good that he's noticed and said how nice it is to have a refuge after a long day at work.

AND, the newlyweds are moving out in a month!!!!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I have the same problem at work, with loud voices, people forget that quite possibly there are employees that are on the phone!!! Its a very relaxed joking great atmosphere where I am, however, so many times, I'm on the phone, and people in the hallway are laughing and talking. I can get up from my desk, continue talking on the phone, but I can barely reach my door. I hit it with my fingers, or give it a kick, it always ends up slamming shut!

They are quick to apologize though.

Its snowing again here too, forcasted right till midnight and more tomorrow. I wish it would just bugger off. I have no more room to put it when I have to shovel later on. I'm sure I pulled tendons in my forearm last week from shovelling, I've got a terrible cold, and I don't want to deal with more snow!

BTW Has anyone ever pulled tendons in their arm? It doesn't feel like a pulled muscle. I did some googling and I think its tendons. It was so sore for a few days, it throbbed at night. I slept with a pillow under my arm. Everyday it seems to get better, but I can still feel its there.

Our NW Ohio weather forecast:
    • Friday, 6pm - The system that hit Texas will go by to our south, with maybe a dusting to 1/4 inch.
    • Friday, 11pm - 1-3 inches
    • Saturday, 8am - 2-4 inches
    • Saturday afternoon - 3-5 inches with some higher amounts in spots.
    The weatherguessers sure missed this one!!! It started at about 9am and hasn't stopped. We're in the "higher amounts in spots" category.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;4180625;
    I'm sure I pulled tendons in my forearm last week from shovelling, I've got a terrible cold, and I don't want to deal with more snow!

BTW Has anyone ever pulled tendons in their arm? It doesn't feel like a pulled muscle. I did some googling and I think its tendons. It was so sore for a few days, it throbbed at night. I slept with a pillow under my arm. Everyday it seems to get better, but I can still feel its there.
    If that's what you have, then I think that's what I have, too. I haven't researched it, but my whole arm is sore, but mostly at the wrist and shoulder and it's definitely from the last storm of heavy, wet snow when I shoveled all day. It's a little better every day so I'm hoping there isn't anything to shovel tomorrow.
    Count your blessings!

I'm afraid to even post our weather, as I think I'll get a lot of snowballs thrown at me!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4180774;
    I'm afraid to even post our weather, as I think I'll get a lot of snowballs thrown at me!
    Even worse - I'll come visit you when we have our Feb. vacation in 2 weeks! I can fly for free with my pilot daughter, but I can't afford a place to stay.
    Count your blessings!

Keep it up there veej, it went right by us! We were supposed to get 4-6" and only had a little sleet this morning and some rain.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;4180553;
    If it were me, I'd take some pictures of her in her inappropriate clothing and email threm to the superintendant or local board of education, and not because of the incident, but because it's a really bad exmple for the kids so far as respecting rules and authority goes. I am confused by the shoe part though; when I was in high school the only requirement was that shes be worn
    Well, we're a 3-story middle school and because of the stairs, there is a no flip flop or any clog-type shoe without a back strap rule. She wears the little kitten heel frou frou shoes.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Retirement is SO WONDERFUL!!!! You all really make me feel gratitude for not having to tolerate idiots, never having to go out if I don't just want to. I was never one to put up with a lot of crap, though, thank goodness. I dealt with it all at my own pace, and at a time of my choosing, and the quieter I get the more dangerous I get! The most fun part of it was that they never knew when it was coming! I just love speechless faces!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Went out with some g/friends for Thai food. On the way there it started snowing, pretty big flakes that I wish I never see again. By the time we left the restaraunt, it snowed so much in the two hours, the roads were a mess, traffic was crawling except for the big 4x4 4 wheel drive, I'm macho drivers. 25 minute drive took us 50 minutes. Then, I was greeted with about 3 inches of snow in my driveway. Just spent the last 1 1/2 hours shovelling, and its still coming down, those darn pretty flakes, that just won't go away.

I'm so tired of this. Maybe I'll take some pictures tomorrow.

+ Reply to Thread