+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6964Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I filled the feeders behind my house - thistle, suet, and mixed seed, shoveled and spread ground seed, then I had to sacrifice the shoveled path out back for somewhere to put the snow from my driveway... the piles on either side are shoulder high and it's heavy snow. If we catch a break between storms, I'll clear a path out back again.
    Count your blessings!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

It's about 36 degrees here, an hour's drive from NYC. It will get a few degrees warmer and melt some of this horrible ice but then it's going to freeze up again and be a mess in time for the commuter's drive home. Many of the schools are closed for today. Our local community college has a delayed start until 11:30 a.m. This morning when we let the pooch out she slid right off our back steps it was so icy. I felt so bad for her. She's fine but I wonder if she is going to want to be let out for the rest of the day.

SW Ohio - not as much snow - but lots of ice and wind. 55,000 without power in our area of Ohio. We are at level 2, just icy and scary out there.
    I went out with the dog this morning. he is still healing from surgery on his back leg and we have a hill behind us. I'm leashing him when he goes out so I can keep him up on the flat area that goes out abuot 6 - 10 feet.
    I may just start taking him out front. No cover for me like on the patio - but much flatter area for him.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

It's snowing now but over the past two days, we've gotten lots of ice, sleet and freezing rain. Our roadways have 4 inches of ice on them and the road crews have pretty much packed it in until the conditions improve. Their plows are pretty much ineffective in this mess. My husband braved the elements and went to work yesterday. I was a nervous wreck until he pulled into the driveway. He was going in today but I talked him out of it. A lot of people around us lost power but so far, we've been lucky.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I passed a convoy of about 25 power company trucks from Missouri heading into Columbus to help out. AEP says they are bringing in 700 people from out of the area to help out.

Winter weather packs one-two punch | The Columbus Dispatch

Not so bad in Toronto area, but the wind was making visibility bad. It has tapered off (about a foot or so total). I walked down to the end of the street to take a picture of the lake. Still no plows, but we're able to get around.

Makes me feel better about the little bit of snow we have.

Has anyone ever read that joke about the guy moving from the south to the north, he loves the snow, by the end of the joke he's ready to run down the snowplow? That's how I feel today. I love the snowplow, but I dislike him at the same time!

Can anyone explain to me why one side of the street (my side) ends up with 2 feet of snow to plow out at the end of the driveway after the snowplow goes by and on the other side of the street, they barely have any?? I'm not one to complain but its time for a call to the city works department.

We didn't get as much overnight as they predicted, but it sure made up for it today. It snowed all day, shovelled three times, and it finally stopped about an hour ago. There isn't anymore room to put this darn snow!

ETA: canuck nice pics! I didn't realize you are in the T.O area.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

My gripe is that we haven't been able to find Ice Melt in any of the stores. The supermarkets, Home Depot, and WalMart were all out and have been for awhile. So today, hubby was filling up at the gas station and he saw bags and bags piled up high. They were 20 lb bags but since it's so densely packed and heavy the bag is small, about the size of a 6lb dry dog food bag. Anyway, he was going to grab several until the clerk told him the price-- $30. He thought that was a bit steep. We don't usually buy salt to melt the ice because we had recently put in new blue stone front and back steps and a paver walkway and the salt ruins it. So, is the gas station just taking advantage of the situation by charging that price or is that a normal price? I've looked online and prices were cheaper.

If it is Ice melter that is awful. At work I pay 9.50 for a 50#bag. Salt is about 3.50 for 50 #
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread