+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6265Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

We are also bracing for the next two days' worth of snow. And another storm over the weekend! But so far we have been lucky, we have only gotten about 40-50 inches of snow this year. All the big storms that hit NYC and New England just missed us. This one or two or three look like we will get direct hits.

Oh well, we are due for it, I guess.

I have been looking in the archives here for any info on Hawaii. My older daughter is getting married in October and she and her guy are thinking of a Hawaiian honeymoon. If I remember correctly, people were talking about going to Hawaii or have been there before and compared different places on the islands and the pros and cons, etc. Any help would be much appreciated.

Hawaii in October is the best (no ka oi!)I used to live there and if I didn't work at a school, October would be my month of choice for travel. I know Maui more than the other island and I think that Kihei has many good places to stay that are semi affordable. I like the beach that is right on the border of Wailea and Kihei - great beach - both locals and tourists hang out there so it is relaxing and beautiful. And a mixture of houses and hotels. I have family there so I haven't gotten rooms anywhere near there, but the beaches and views, etc are great from that area. If they want to go to Maui, I have some recommendations for places to eat and tour (even a winery!) on the island. PM me if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35;4173731;
    Our temps are going to drop tomorrow night to 17 and 18 degrees F. That is too cold for South/Central Texas! We might even get snow flurries on Thurs and Friday. Stay warm everyone!
    I guess everything's relative... we had an overnight prediction of 17 degrees a few nights ago and I thought, "Oh good, it's warm." I'm worried for you guys getting ice. That devastated us a couple of years ago. Some people were out of electricity for weeks! I know someone who lost their prized (huge) saltwater aquarium.

YouTube - Ice Storm New England December 12 2008

Search youtube for 2008 New England ice storm for more.
    Count your blessings!

It's here. I almost fell walking out to the car to let it warm up. It's encased in ice. The freeway traffic sensors say ice watch in some area, chemically wet in some areas. Traffic cameras show traffic moving fairly well however. I don't have to be to work til 7 and it usually only takes me about 25 minutes. I'm heading out in about 10 minutes or as soon as the car thaws out.

I hope you made it to work all in one piece Unkle. We are further south of you and the traffic is very light here, most are staying home today..if possible. We get maybe 20 inches of snow a year so this is big deal..plus tempatures around zero and MPH winds of 40..blizzard conditions are determined by wind and temp. (not how much snow there is)
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

We're getting a blizzard here. Snow drifts up to my hineybo. Was just snowing now there is sleet mixed in with it. Bahama's I wish I was there.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

"Hineybo"? Now, that's a good one! Thank you for the new word.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4174708;
    "Hineybo"? Now, that's a good one! Thank you for the new word.
    You are quite welcome.

I read it as "hineyho" which is quite different.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I was in Walgreens this afternoon, and saw that they are now selling wine again. When did that happen?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread