+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6258Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Show me a box of Tagalongs and I'll follow you anywhere!

I know! There are very few that make it permanentlly, but Thin Mints, Trefoils (shortbread), and Tagalongs were ones I sold as a Girl Scout several decades ago.
    Count your blessings!

I wonder why they don't do that in our area? No stands, and no real variety. The last time I bought them, I didn't have a choice, all they were selling were the mint ones. I'll have to pay special attention next time, and ask why don't they set up stands in various malls etc. I think that is just a simply wonderful idea.

The only way I can buy them, is if someone is selling them for their daughter or relative. I don't even remember the last time they came to my door.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4170905;
    I know! There are very few that make it permanentlly, but Thin Mints, Trefoils (shortbread), and Tagalongs were ones I sold as a Girl Scout several decades ago.
    I think your Tagalong = my peanut butter pattie. Also to caramel delites (your somoas) have been around for as long as I can remember.

They stopped letting the GS go door to door here for safety reasons . They let them set up tables in front of all the grocery and discount stores.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Do they only accept cash for the purchases? That seems dangerous and short-sighted to me. Just saw a story on the news where one setup was robbed for their cookie money. Some good samaritans, a man and his wife, came along and gave the girls enough cash to cover what they had lost, but taking in only cash just seems stupid.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

There are adults ( both moms and dads) helping to take money at the stands I have seen.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

There were adults there. This economy makes cash dangerous.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

So true.

Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2;4170994;
    I think your Tagalong = my peanut butter pattie. Also to caramel delites (your somoas) have been around for as long as I can remember.
    Well, I remember them being introduced for the first time when I was a GS leader about 20 years ago. But maybe they were around other places before that. They don't have the same cookies everywhere.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread