+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6407Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I've always felt like a kind of freak because I've just never liked Girl Scout Cookies. Yuck. Just let me make a donation to the cause.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

I'm gluten-free, so no cookies for me; but, I was a girl scout growing up, so I always just make a donation to the troop, or sometimes the regional office, also.

My friend's daughter sells them, so I bought a few boxes. I love the shortbread ones. Luckily, I don't have much of a sweet tooth, so I can really stretch them out for months!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

When my kids were in scouts I used to buy lots and lots. Of course they ate a lot of them, but so did I. I haven't gotten any for a couple of years now, so when a student asked if I would buy from her, I suddenly craved Thin Mints. I actually have a box of 100 calorie packs of chocolate cookies with a mint coating on one side that is pretty darn close.
    My son publicly thanked me on his facebook page for my mercy mission. Awwwww.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4169320;
    When my kids were in scouts I used to buy lots and lots. Of course they ate a lot of them, but so did I. I haven't gotten any for a couple of years now, so when a student asked if I would buy from her, I suddenly craved Thin Mints. I actually have a box of 100 calorie packs of chocolate cookies with a mint coating on one side that is pretty darn close.
    My son publicly thanked me on his facebook page for my mercy mission. Awwwww.
    How sweet is that?

About as sweet as Thin Mints!

Thanks for being my straight man!
    Count your blessings!

I posted a recipe on the holiday baking thread for Wintermint wafers.
    I baked them during the holidays and they taste just like the thin mints.

$3.50 a box here in NW Ohio.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

I love Girl Guide cookies, but I like the ones they used to sell. They used to have vanilla and chocolate. The last time I bought them they were mint something.

I had gone shopping across the boarder to Buffalo to a mall, maybe last year at this time? can't remember, and there was a Girl Guide stand, I've never seen so many different GG cookies in my life! I've never seen all those choices in my area. let alone a stand.

I don't care for sweets, as long as they aren't in my house!

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;4170284;
    I love Girl Guide cookies, but I like the ones they used to sell. They used to have vanilla and chocolate. The last time I bought them they were mint something.

I had gone shopping across the boarder to Buffalo to a mall, maybe last year at this time? can't remember, and there was a Girl Guide stand, I've never seen so many different GG cookies in my life! I've never seen all those choices in my area. let alone a stand.

I don't care for sweets, as long as they aren't in my house!
    I grew up in a city that is home to a large state university and my troop used to get the best spot to set up a table and sell the cookies - right on the main quad of the university! We always sold so many cookies in only a few days!

+ Reply to Thread