+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5846Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4168749;
    Hallelujah! Girl Scout cookie time is rapidly approaching!!! I just adore those Thin Mints and Trefoils! So many people love the Samoas.........I can't understand the attraction. I find them teeth-sticky gummy. Annoying! Does anyone know the price of the cookies? Got to support the girls, even though I could be one!

I do believe here they are $3.75 a box because I spent $75.00 on them and I remember ordering 20 boxes total

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4168749;
    Hallelujah! Girl Scout cookie time is rapidly approaching!!! I just adore those Thin Mints and Trefoils! So many people love the Samoas.........I can't understand the attraction. I find them teeth-sticky gummy. Annoying! Does anyone know the price of the cookies? Got to support the girls, even though I could not be one!

Trefoils are hubby's favorite and mine are the Thin Mints. My niece is currently a Girl Scout and I placed my order about 2 weeks ago. They were 4 bucks a box!

I refuse to buy/eat Girl Scout cookies because the manufacturer still uses high-fructose corn syrup (corn sugar) and hydrogenated and/or partially hydrogenated fats (trans fats). So I just give a donation to Girl Scouts who come to the door and tell them (spoken and in writing) to use it for someone who wants cookies but can't afford them, or to give it to the military charity, or just give it to the troop leader to use for the troop.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4168448;
    ...my 22-yr.-old son, sobbing, unable to talk. *double gulp* When I was finally able to get him to tell me something it turned out he's had the horrible flu going around here for the last 3 days and he was in the grips of a febrile hallucination akin to the night terrors he used to get as a boy. He has a nightmare, but when he wakes up, his conscious mind still thinks it's happening...
    Yikes. I'm glad he felt comfortable enough -- and had the presence of mind -- to call you. Those suckers are effin' scary. I'm lucky to have a husband who knows how to "handle" me during those.

I thought this was funny and wanted to share. Wasn't sure where to put it, but I figured this was as good a place as any...

The Woman Language Translator
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;4168935;
    I thought this was funny and wanted to share. Wasn't sure where to put it, but I figured this was as good a place as any...

The Woman Language Translator
    Note to self: hide this from hubby.
    (I like being a mysterious, confusing, frustrating creature!)

I don't know when the ones I ordered from a student will arrive, but they've been having cookie sales outside of WalMart for about 3 weekends now.
    I ordered Thin Mints and tried a new one - dulce de leche
    Just got back from a mercy mission to my son - chicken soup, gingerale, crackers, and meds.
    Count your blessings!

I've been paying $4 per box for the past several years.
    If they raise them beyond that amount, I'll stay with my mallomars.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4168941;
    I don't know when the ones I ordered from a student will arrive, but they've been having cookie sales outside of WalMart for about 3 weekends now.
    I ordered Thin Mints and tried a new one - dulce de leche
    Just got back from a mercy mission to my son - chicken soup, gingerale, crackers, and meds.
    You are a good Mom. I can't wait for my cookies.

I can't eat Girl Scout cookies. Too much sugar.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread