+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5861Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2134723;
    I am never going shopping with my husband again. Our local grocery store chain is giving "bonus points" with a $30 purchase. 7 bonus points earns you a free turkey or a 10% off coupon on a grocery shop.
    Well we were almost to 14 points so we could get both the turkey and the money off coupon. He had the cashier last night stop at $30 3 times (they don't break it down to 1 point every 30 dollars if the bill goes over 30. So you get 1 point if the total is $30 or $90) and ring us up and then the idiot can't remember his debit card number 3 times in a row. I can never shop in there again. I was so embarrassed last night and the cashier was so over him as we had to have our "bonus card" scanned each time and then cash out. You'd have thought they were giving away gold turkeys the way he was acting.
    Offer the man a free turkey and something just goes haywire in his brain, I swear! I wish he'd get that excited over other things.

Maybe I should spray pam all over me and rub poultry seasoning on me and I'd get the same reaction!
    Send him over here. I don't care who likes it, if free food is involved I have no shame. He and I can shop together with a smile on our faces.

Our city gives employees a turkey for Thanksgiving and a ham for Christmas. Tell that to hubby and watch him salivate.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    For all you people who are having a big group for dinner on T-Day, consider making job jars for the after dinner chores. This will help assure that nobody gets slammed being the kitchen slave, thus eliminating the need to complain about it later. Make/label a jar for men, women, and children. Make slips with chores on them. When people come into the house, have them draw a slip from the appropriate jar. Even little people can help. We've done it before, and it ended up being fun...and got the job done. We've always had someone make a list of who drew what job (real good job for a teenager or 2!), but they can switch if they want to....but they've got to do something to help. No one has ever complained! Keep the list, because someone always "forgets or loses" their job.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

TIPPING question

Hey all, are you supposed to tip the guys that deliver your furniture or install the carpet etc.? I honestly have no idea and it's been so long since I've gotten new anything! But we'll probably be springing for some new things in the upcoming months... I know there's a delivery charge, but that goes to the store for gas etc. I'm sure, not to them. Are these folks paid wages, or do they live off tips like food servers?

I have no idea if my parents tipped the delivery guys but I do remember my mother making sure they were fed hot meals (even though they all brought their own lunches and drinks) and sent them off with coffee and/or sodas.

I don't tip installers - I'll be interested to know if I should, but for delivery people I just ask them if they are allowed to accept a tip. Some places have rules, some don't. I kind of gauge how difficult the delivery was based on weight, stairs, corners to navigate, etc.. I usually give no less than $5, no more than $20, unless they've moved my whole household. Then they get more. Sometimes I forget and to their credit, I have never had a delivery guy stalling around expecting one.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

I tip them, but only a few dollars, maybe enough for a fast food lunch or something. I'm sure that they get paid fairly well, unlike restaurant workers who depend on tips as part of their salary. Of course, if there are more than two people on a truck, it could get a little expensive.

hi guys! I just found this thread, I love general gab

so, Im just gonna jump on in lol...I work at a nursing home, and am having a hard time with some of the people I work with, plus I dont make what I should...my brother has been nagging me to work at the hospital, I could make 5 dollars more..but I like the nursing home environment(Im a CNA) so last night I decided I would apply at the hospital, and then send up a prayer, if the man upstairs wants me to work there then Ill get hired....*shrugs* I wanna be happy, but Im not right now and I could really use the money.
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

good luck srs. I'll put in a good word for you.
    everyone should have the opportunity to be happy with what they are doing.

As far as tipping delivery people.....I always have. Maybe it is a NYC thing, because when I lived there we always tipped. Now that I live in upstate NY, I have found that when I do tip these guys they look at me with astonishment. They smile and say, "Wow! Thanks a lot!" I guess most people do not tip.

And like Muduh, it is usually $5 per person.....just enough to go grab something quick to eat or get a coffee etc.

I figure if I am going to tip a pizza delivery guy for delivery my pizza, why wouldn't I tip the dudes that deliver my new mattress and box springs or my new refrigerator?

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2134872;
    Send him over here. I don't care who likes it, if free food is involved I have no shame. He and I can shop together with a smile on our faces.

Our city gives employees a turkey for Thanksgiving and a ham for Christmas. Tell that to hubby and watch him salivate.
    My hubby also gets a free turkey for Thanksgiving and a ham for Christmas from his work. The grocery stores around here used to do the free turkey if one spent X amount of dollars leading up to Thanksgiving but they have all done away with that in the last 2-3 years. Don't know why either, but we always looked forward to getting at least one or two!

FREE is my favourite 4-letter F word!

I won't tell you what my second favourite 4-letter F word is.....

I always get a turkey free from work, every year and I dont even eat turkey lol...my mom works at the same place as I used to and she gets one every year to..one year me, my mother, my sister, my aunt all worked there and all got free turkeys...we had turkey for awhile lol
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

+ Reply to Thread