+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8846Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;4167776;
    Sugar that's hillarious

I was out for the evening with some of my g/friends for dinner. The waitress was a very pleasant young lady, she was a good server, everything was great. I noticed after a couple of times of her coming to our table, she was a touchy feely type of person. Everytime she came to our table she put her hand on our shoulders, or arms. She would say how are you gals doing, hand on my shoulder, would you like more coffee? or to one of the other girls, hand on shoulder or back, would you like another drink? I found this very odd, I don't know why but it was very strange that she touched everyone she was within reach of. We laughed about it, and waited each time to see who she would touch.
    I heard once that research shows that if a server touches their customers, they usually get a higher tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;4167916;
    I'm the same way with both shoes and sunglasses, and it absolutely drives me insane when people comment about the fact that I'm wearing sunglasses in the dead of winter. The sun is out and with all the snow on the ground, the glare is strong! In some ways, I need them more in the winter (I've also had eye doctors tell me I should be wearing them year round, so it doubly makes me want to tell the person to stuff it.)
    I wear prescription sunglasses year round as well for the same reasons, and also I cycle year round, and am always getting the "aren't you too cool" look from people in the elevator. Sometimes, if it's someone I know, I tell them that they're prescription and I can't change until I get to my desk, but generally I just stand there and look supercilious. Seriously, how cool can someone wearing Crocs and carrying a bike helmet be? Anyone with any sense would realize that my world revolves around my own personal comfort. I have now switched to prescription ski goggles for biking in the winter - now those things get some looks - they are hideous.

Anyway, finally off to surgery now - expect to be back within a week.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

rattus-have a great surgery! (?) Have a better healing process!

Hope everything goes well, Rattus. Touch base with us when you can.
    I got a phone call at 3 a.m. *gulp* It was my 22-yr.-old son, sobbing, unable to talk. *double gulp* When I was finally able to get him to tell me something it turned out he's had the horrible flu going around here for the last 3 days and he was in the grips of a febrile hallucination akin to the night terrors he used to get as a boy. He has a nightmare, but when he wakes up, his conscious mind still thinks it's happening. Somehow he knew it wasn't really, but needed me to talk him out of it. This is a boy who doesn't drink or do any kind of drugs, so it wasn't that. I did a search this morning and found out children who have night terrors are prone to them as adults with a fever. I was talking with my students about it today and one class of 25 5th graders had almost all of them raise their hands when I asked if anyone had ever had night terrors (after explaining what they were). I didn't think they were that common. All the other classes only had 3 or 4 ea.
    Count your blessings!

Rattus keeping you in my thoughts.
    Gut what a terrifing experience for both of you. I hope he feels better soon.

About the shoes...all 100 percent comfort for me. Lucky for me, with my job I never had to wear heels, only when I had to dress up and then nothing over an inch or two.
    I've been reading where "they" are recommending that we go barefoot a little everyday while walking. All the thin, thick soled shoes have created problems with our feet. We are not putting the proper pressure or allowing our feet to move like they were intended too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4168448;
    ... I did a search this morning and found out children who have night terrors are prone to them as adults with a fever...
    Holy Moly! My son had night terrors several times from the ages of about 18 months to about 2-1/2. Scared the living daylights out of me!

He'd wake up screaming and standing in one spot. I'd hold him, try to see what was wrong, he'd fight me, try to get down, if he did he'd run downstairs crying and wailing and moving around the house, once climbing up on the couch and going *out* instantly. Sometimes I'd just hold him until it was over, and he'd go back to sleep as if a switch had been turned off. Even though his eyes were open, I eventually learned he wasn't seeing me or anything in a waking fashion. The doctor said they have no memory of it, that it's worse on the parent(s) actually.

But to think of that happening to an adult, yikes! Reminds me that I saw some television special once on adult night terrors and how people had actually left their houses, even hurting themselves and others during them. Hope we never see THAT
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Sunglasses are a year-round requirement for me. My eyes are too light sensitive. Even if the sun is not out, and there is no snow on the ground, it still can be bright out there. I always address the explanation to the rude individual in terms that make them feel stupid, but in a nice voice. I think that's only fair.

Hang tough, Rattus.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Rattus, hope all goes well with your surgery!

I too wear sunglasses all year long. Once I found out that it may help prevent cataracts to wear UV protection sunglasses I'm all in. I have sensitive eyes anyhow, and this just cemented that I want to wear them. Plus, no squinting and hopefully I'm preventing deeper wrinkles

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Hallelujah! Girl Scout cookie time is rapidly approaching!!! I just adore those Thin Mints and Trefoils! So many people love the Samoas.........I can't understand the attraction. I find them teeth-sticky gummy. Annoying! Does anyone know the price of the cookies? Got to support the girls, even though I could not be one!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 01-28-2011 at 04:18 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread