+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I've learned my lesson too. Years of high heels, no support sandles, it messed up my feet. I bought crocks, those ugly things I swore I'd never wear, with the idea of just wearing them in the house as slippers, and they were so comfortable I was shocked. I've been wearing them for 2 yrs now, no more foot problem. I also have a pair for walking. I don't have the nerve to wear them on a casual basis like grocery shopping or running errands.

Other than that, for work or casual, its all about comfort, no heels more than an inch or so, its not worth it. How do some of these ladies walk in spike boots especially in the winter? I'd be flat on my buttt! Speaking of which, it was so difficult to find winter boots for comfort a little dressy and not spiked. I finally saw a pair on the shopping channel, bought two pairs, one in black and one in brown.

You know that old saying, "Life's too short to drink cheap wine?"

Well my saying is "Life's too short to wear uncomfortable shoes!"

I used to wear the uniform: suits, stockings, heels

Now I'm at the confident (or just given up) point in my life where I don't give a crap what anyone thinks, I'm going to be comfortable! Crocs or mocs, flip-flops or buffalo sandals, clogs or hiking boots -- these are my shoes of choice. If have to get dressed up, I'll wear a heel now and then, but it's not for very long or very far.

One thing I've learned without a doubt -- if your feet aren't happy, nothing about your body's happy.

And to anyone who wants to make fun of my shoes, all I can say is, "I don't have bunions!"
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4162638;
    Here in So Cal, I call them my "everyday shoes." ......always a pair by the front door. Never heard them called go-aheads but that's a great name, usually it's just thongs or flip flops. Back in the early '60's, during the surfing craze, they were called zorries here also.
    Mike calls flip flops or thongs, Shower Shoes. I think they had to wear them when showering in the Army barracks to not get foot fungus.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

When I went to college, dorm literature recommended that you bring shower shoes with you since many people would be using the showers.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4167307;
    When I went to college, dorm literature recommended that you bring shower shoes with you since many people would be using the showers.
    Exactly! I think life is too short to wear shoes that can be cleaned with a garden hose.

I don't wear uncomfortable shoes, I refuse to. But, I don't wear cheap shoes, either. Nor do I wear cheap sunglasses. I think you do your feet and your eyes a favor when you don't.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Sugar that's hillarious

I was out for the evening with some of my g/friends for dinner. The waitress was a very pleasant young lady, she was a good server, everything was great. I noticed after a couple of times of her coming to our table, she was a touchy feely type of person. Everytime she came to our table she put her hand on our shoulders, or arms. She would say how are you gals doing, hand on my shoulder, would you like more coffee? or to one of the other girls, hand on shoulder or back, would you like another drink? I found this very odd, I don't know why but it was very strange that she touched everyone she was within reach of. We laughed about it, and waited each time to see who she would touch.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I used to go to a small club where there was an older waitress named Mary who seemed to be overly handy with me; it was aggravating. Later I found out she was gay and was"copping" free feels....it became obvious. That really pissed me off.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Well Shay, that's sort of how we felt, because it was not a normal gesture. I can see once, or twice, but it seemed she left her hand there a little to long, and did it much to often to each of us. Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4167720;

I don't wear uncomfortable shoes, I refuse to. But, I don't wear cheap shoes, either. Nor do I wear cheap sunglasses. I think you do your feet and your eyes a favor when you don't.
    I'm the same way with both shoes and sunglasses, and it absolutely drives me insane when people comment about the fact that I'm wearing sunglasses in the dead of winter. The sun is out and with all the snow on the ground, the glare is strong! In some ways, I need them more in the winter (I've also had eye doctors tell me I should be wearing them year round, so it doubly makes me want to tell the person to stuff it.)

I wear sunglasses year round. I have narrow feet and no arch so I can't wear just any shoe. I have a hard time buying them to fit and so I usually wear a pair out and usually have an extra pair to replace the worn out ones.

We call them flip flops where I am from. I love them but they are hard on the feet.

+ Reply to Thread