+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5671Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I get pain just thinking about wearing all of these shoes with zero support. I didn't get into wearing real support for my feet until well into my adult years, but it has made all of the difference in the world. For work, I stayed in SAS shoes, which really helped, and eventually learned about orthotics to go in my shoes. And I was never barefoot. And I love a good athletic shoe, but it's got to be a particular kind of structure. I became attached to AVIAs for my supinated feet. Bliss! Life is no fun with miserable feet.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4151024;
    Anyone else have a problem with Fed EX?

I paid $20 to a vendor to get my package shipped express. Stayed home all day to wait for it, as I saw the tracking info said it was scheduled to be delivered today. At 4:00 PM, I checked the tracking info which said they tried to deliver at 1;17 PM, but no one was home. A lie.
    This is the 4th time, through the years that Fed Ex has claimed they made an attempt where they did no such thing.
    Anyone else have this problem?

Grrrr. I've had this with both Fedex and UPS. With UPS, when I checked the tracking again on the day it didn't deliver, they had changed the estimated delivery to a date 3 days later! They both do refund the excess, though Still, what a royal PITA!
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

I've only been on FORT since May 2010, and I recently logged onto a thread to see someone posting and claiming to be a reality show contestant. Does this happen often?

And are we supposed to believe it?
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

It has been known to happen. If you watch that show, I would think you could tell if the person was sincere by what they post about their experience on the show.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

That makes sense, shay. I do watch the show. But I'm not getting any sense of some special "inside" personal experience there. That said, I feel like a cynic.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4165823;
    I've only been on FORT since May 2010, and I recently logged onto a thread to see someone posting and claiming to be a reality show contestant. Does this happen often?

And are we supposed to believe it?
    We don't vette anyone so it's up to you to judge. Essentially everyone here is just an anonymous person signing up with a fake name to discuss fluffy reality television.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;4165512;
    I'm convinced that most of my back problems stem from YEARS of wearing indian moccassins (no souls, just the thin leather between my foot and the ground), those mat looking flip flops, Zorrie flipflops and then 3 years of only wearing white ballet slippers EVERYWHERE I went when I was 20-23. Then HIGH heels for years after that and then back to cheap sandals for a few more years. So bascially 40 something years of NO foot support. WEll, I did wear corrective shoes until I was 6 years old. Maybe that's why I never wore anything else that was good for me.

And about the moccasins and ballet slippers? I thought they made me look cool and different because no one else was dressing like that. I wore both until a hole appeared and then bought a new pair exactly like the old pair.
    you sound like a woman after my own heart! I love all those shoes, still wear moccassins, even moccassin boots! And all my flats look like ballet slippers. Just love them. So gald I don't have to wear high heels anymore. Now I opt for lower, thicker heel for dressy times.
    I was blamining my back back on old age but maybe it was my choice in shoes.

I'm still a huge fan of my Sketcher Shape-Ups. They are supposed to help foot, leg, back, and posture problems all while helping you lose weight. They are a little more of a challenge in winter unless you bring them to change into. They aren't meant to be worn in slippery, uneven conditions.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4166219;
    you sound like a woman after my own heart! I love all those shoes, still wear moccassins, even moccassin boots! And all my flats look like ballet slippers. Just love them. So gald I don't have to wear high heels anymore. Now I opt for lower, thicker heel for dressy times.
    I was blamining my back back on old age but maybe it was my choice in shoes.
    Shoes can make a big difference with back problems
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

The root of a lot of problems.....ankles, knees, hips, back....can, quite often be found based in the feet. I have learned my lessons.

+ Reply to Thread