+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6260Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Thanks, Wrigley.
    Glad to know it's not just me.
    The guy just came from Fed EX to redeliver - (I had called and complained.)
    I asked if he was the same guy from earlier today. He said he was. I asked why he hadn't called before. He said he had, but that he must have called the wrong code or some such. He really had no idea. I told him that was because he had NOT called.
    The unfortunate thing is that many vendors you buy from use Fed EX, so you have no choice in the matter.
    I am going to call the vendor tomorrow and complain to them as, due to this, I doubt that I will deal with this vendor again.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I've found that quality of service from either FedEx or UPS -- or even USPS -- varies from area to area in the same city. In my experience, either the individual employees are either great, or they suck. Luckily, where I now live, both the UPS guy and the FedEx guy are great. USPS here is inconsistent.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Never having used FedEx, I can't weigh in with my opinion. But around here, UPS just rings the bell and drops off the package. I have a front porch and that's where they drop it. If I were not home I suppose anyone could just come up to the porch and take it. Only once did they wait for me to sign for the package, and that's because it was a LCD flat screen TV.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;4151618;
    I've found that quality of service from either FedEx or UPS -- or even USPS -- varies from area to area in the same city. In my experience, either the individual employees are either great, or they suck. Luckily, where I now live, both the UPS guy and the FedEx guy are great. USPS here is inconsistent.
    Ellen, I find that as well. My BIL was a UPS driver for 30 years in a very large metropolita area. He said that they had quite a few very lazy drivers and because they were part of the Teamsters union, it was difficult to get rid of the lazy ones. My son-in-law works for Fed Ex and they have had a huge problem the last couple weeks as the snow storms have disrupted shipping on the Eastern Seaboard.

I have had great USPS post people, UPS drivers and Fed Ex drivers and I've had horrible ones. I think it depends on the driver for the most part. And if that's true about union protection, then the bad ones have no incentive to step up their service.

If you do not want one of the services to just "drop off" a package, you have to ask when you order something or send something, that it be signed for upon delivery. The post office charges for this.
    If it is not specified to be signed for, they will just drop it off.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It's good to follow-up, formally, with a delivery problem. I've found you tend to get much better service. It also helps is the delivery person is familiar with you. DHL is pretty decent, too. I guess I just haven't had much trouble with delivery personnel. Lucky me. As much internet shopping as I do, I need friends! A large package will be left on my back steps when UPS delivers. So far, so good. I do believe in unions, but I also hope that the personnel really like their jobs, and take some pride in what they are doing.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I have recently gone back to the every day neti pot usage, 3-4X/day. WHO HAS SINUS ISSUES IN THE WINTER?? I didn't used to have this problem except for spring and fall. Lucky me....now it's winter, too. I guess I should just be grateful that I'm breathing at all, and that there is a fix for my complaint.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Been year round for me for ages. fun fun fun

Woke up this morning to -20 weather. Headed off for school, stopped for some coffee and noticed that my back tire was as flat as it could be. Thankfully, my son had the day off and he rescued me, changed my tire, and let me take his truck to school. So, now I need to buy tires for my car. What a day!
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

MRD

Had a group of sisters come in the museum today. One was visiting from Iowa. I didn't know that and she was complaining about how cold it was here and that it's supposed to snow on Tues. and I said: "Well at least you're not in the NE" and that's when she said: "I'm from Iowa where it's 20 below." I so wanted to say: "Then why are you griping about it being 45 here?"
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD, you wouldn't believe how many people I've run into in other places who think it's HOT here all year round. I think they see too many Spanish-moss-and-magnolias movies, which are never set in any season but summer. (Of course that area is 300 miles southj of us anyway). So I bet your guests expected to come down and sit under the above mentioned trees, sipping on something cold and fanning themselves.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread