+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6258Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;4149003;
    A coyote doesn't have a big foot, a huge coyote would be 40 pounds. So I suspect dogs too. MRD, it's rare to actually see a coyote in our kind of habitat, but they are all over the place. They are mostly out at night and very sneaky. Kind of like bobcats; as much messing around in the woods as i do, I have yet to ever see a bobcat in the wild, and not counting out West, only one or two coyotes. And Cootie, I'd be surprised if you don't have them in your area too if you have bears and mountain lions.
    Funny you say that. I have seen a lot of bobcats in my time in the wild. Once in my own backyard. I have also seen the very rare Florida panther in the wild as well. But only once. It actually ran beside my car for a few feet near a road before leaping the ditch and disapearing in the brush. I don't even know if they have bobcats here. I suspect they do or something like it at least.

I don't know why I've seen so many bobcats, but I've probably seen more of those than I have foxes.

And I almost drove the car off the road a couple years ago when I saw my first beaver in the wild on a log by a pond. And I guess I freaked everyone out at first as I was yelling: OMG! OMG! It's a beaver! It's a beaver! LOOK!

Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;4149304;
    And I almost drove the car off the road a couple years ago when I saw my first beaver in the wild on a log by a pond. And I guess I freaked everyone out at first as I was yelling: OMG! OMG! It's a beaver! It's a beaver! LOOK!

And the Beaver probably almost fell of off the log yelling to the other beavers a person driving, a person driving!! LOOK! NYUK NYUK NYUK

MRD, you do have bobcats. Funny, I've seen lots of foxes, red and gray. In fact, I used to ride my bike around and around the shopping mall (for a year until a new security guard ran me off) and I was always seeing gray foxes eating the bugs that fried to death on the floodlights. And at one place i kept my horses, there was a new litter of fox cubs every year. Once I saw a hawk get one
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

I'm completely late on this - but thanks for the suggestions of the neti pot for my cold. having water flow through my nose wasn't/isn't my favorite feeling in the world; but, it really did help!

Glad it helped. The sensation does take getting used to. When my allergies are bad my eyes itch and the warm/hot water even rinses out the tear ducts which helps me so much! Otherwise I claw at my eyes.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I picked out my condo location, years ago, because I saw a fox crossing the street one night. For me that was a sign. Never saw another one. The condos were located across the street from a park and golf course.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Anyone else have a problem with Fed EX?

I paid $20 to a vendor to get my package shipped express. Stayed home all day to wait for it, as I saw the tracking info said it was scheduled to be delivered today. At 4:00 PM, I checked the tracking info which said they tried to deliver at 1;17 PM, but no one was home. A lie.
    This is the 4th time, through the years that Fed Ex has claimed they made an attempt where they did no such thing.
    Anyone else have this problem?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've always found FEDEX to be superior! UPS has gotten better.

I've found that FEDEX knocks on the door and waits a little bit for you to get to the door. UPS knocks on the door, bolts back to the truck, and is out of sight by the time you get to the door.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 01-17-2011 at 07:49 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Shay,

My experience has been the opposite.
    UPS is great. Fed EX - terrible.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4151024;
    Anyone else have a problem with Fed EX?

I paid $20 to a vendor to get my package shipped express. Stayed home all day to wait for it, as I saw the tracking info said it was scheduled to be delivered today. At 4:00 PM, I checked the tracking info which said they tried to deliver at 1;17 PM, but no one was home. A lie.
    This is the 4th time, through the years that Fed Ex has claimed they made an attempt where they did no such thing.
    Anyone else have this problem?
    I never use Fed Ex because I have yet to have a good experience with them. My dad's company actually fired Fed Ex because they could not get things places on time. And he's an attorney, so documents need to get places on time.

My guess is that it depends on your location. Some services are better in one location while the other might be better elsewhere.

+ Reply to Thread