+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4488Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;4137314;
    Bunny -- no, it is not just you. Although my kids are way past this stage, I always worried. I gave both my boys a piece of my mind about contraception, and whether they listened to me or not, I guess we were lucky. The ruin of young lives this way and the lives of the children they bring into the world is horrible. I do not know why these young women do not give these children up for adoption and give everyone a chance for a good life.

I wonder if some of the programs on TV have made motherhood seem like a glorious ambition. There are also many psychological reasons why some of these young women become pregnant on purpose, but that is a discussion for another time and place.
    I actually just read where teen pregnancy is actually down for the first time since the 1980's. They credited both the economy and the tv show 16 and pregnant for this decline.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Looks like the economy would make the rate go up--after all, other activities cost more money...
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

When I was 17 I gave my baby up for adoption. It was a easy decision in that I wanted to do what was best for my baby and myself. I don't want to sound selfish but I knew I wasn't ready to be a mother. I felt a lot of guilt for years...that I had done the wrong thing, I should've sucked it up and dealt with the consequences of my actions, etc. All a bunch of crap I was telling myself. He is 30 now, wow! and I've never met him. I would love to find out how he is and how his life has turned out...but would never intrude.

I do wish that more teen girls would consider adoption. Being a parent is hard enough but for someone young and usually doing it without the Dad around makes it so much harder. The ones who pay are the children. And that is so wrong. I know there are exceptions to my generalizations here. But I think undue pressure is put on these young mothers to "make it work".
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;4138826;
    When I was 17 I gave my baby up for adoption. It was a easy decision in that I wanted to do what was best for my baby and myself. I don't want to sound selfish but I knew I wasn't ready to be a mother. I felt a lot of guilt for years...that I had done the wrong thing, I should've sucked it up and dealt with the consequences of my actions, etc. All a bunch of crap I was telling myself. He is 30 now, wow! and I've never met him. I would love to find out how he is and how his life has turned out...but would never intrude.

I do wish that more teen girls would consider adoption. Being a parent is hard enough but for someone young and usually doing it without the Dad around makes it so much harder. The ones who pay are the children. And that is so wrong. I know there are exceptions to my generalizations here. But I think undue pressure is put on these young mothers to "make it work".
    I agree. I gave my daughter when I was 19. I was making minimum wage and no way was that going to support her. She is 20 now and I have exchanged a couple of emails with her. I would love to be a part of her life but I am leaving it up to her. She just turned 20 in July.

Adoption is a great option, too bad more people don't choose it. I watch my friend who had her first kid when she was 17. She was a single mom to 3 kids. She had it so rough. I just wish there was a way for these young parents to see how hard it will be. It's not all glamour.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;4138817;
    Looks like the economy would make the rate go up--after all, other activities cost more money...
    Pregnancy has gone down in all age groups due to the economy according to the article and they said that it was likely a more trickle down effect on teens.

You'd think that as well, but I guess today birth control is easy to get and not that expensive and more people are apparantly using it.

Livin, that is an incredible story. to you for making such a hard decision for the good of the child.

I've heard teens say that they got pregnant so that they would have something to love or someone to love them. How sad is that that they feel they have to have a baby to be loved.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I wonder when it dawns on them that babies aren't there to give love...they are there to receive as much as humanly possible. Actually, they're rather like little vampires.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Livin, that's a great story, and shows you were only thinking of what was best for the child. I understand exactly where you're coming from. My younger sister got pregnant at 16yrs old. She was always hanging around with the wrong crowd, (still does) and was in no condition to raise a child. She would not divulge who the father was. My mother was in no position to raise a child.

At the time my family was embarrassed, and thought the right thing to do is raise the child. I on the other hand, thought that was the worst decision for the baby. I convinced everyone this child must be given up for adoption.

The day the baby was going to be released I went to the hospital, the nurses let me right in where all the babies were kept at the time. I rocked him, spoke to him, told him he was going to have a wonderful life. I put on a brand new blue outfit on him, a goldnecklace and cross, kissed him goodbye, handed him back to the nurses. Cried all day, sad because of the situation, happy that somewhere a couple will be estatic to have this beautiful jet black haired baby.

This coming April he will be 28 years old. I have no idea where he is, or even if he's in the same city.

My sister on the other hand, continues to give my mother nothing but grief, is a liar, a thief, and has/is wasting her life. She is 48 yrs old.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;4135968;
    My New Year's party-we don't like the music on TV for NY, so watched David Bowie and then Rolling Stones on DVD, turned on the tv about long enough to watch the ball drop. Rory is not in this picture because he was providing the live entertainment. (We washed BooBoo 2 days ago, so she's clean! )
    Too funny!

But if you think about it, a cat's body is usually covered with invisible, dried cat spit.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

That's why there's a plate between BooBoo and the cheese

I try not to think about those things too much, or I'd go nuts as some of my hobbies don't involve staying very clean!, and I will NOT be one of the people you see walking around using sanitizing wipes on everything and anyone who doesn't look germ free!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

LOLOLOL...

I kiss my cats and dog all the time.

Do not think about certain places they can reach that we can't.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

+ Reply to Thread