+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5926Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I started a fire in the wood stove and read my Kindle around suppertime. I dozed and woke long enough to set my alarm. Now I'm awake and the kitten is racing around like a mad thing. My daughter's friends went to Boston for the night, so she was in a funk until half an hour ago when other friends called to see if she was doing anything and off she went. I just bought her new leather boots yesterday and she was dying to wear them, so she's happy now. Yea!
    Count your blessings!

I woke up at 12:09 when a twit that I work with texted Happy New Year to me. Sorry, I'm a grump when I'm tired.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Iwas in bed at 11 pm, and was woken up at12:04 am by illegal fireworks. Fun times. Thank goodness for my laptop as it has been waaaaaaaaaaaaay slow at work!
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

My New Year's party-we don't like the music on TV for NY, so watched David Bowie and then Rolling Stones on DVD, turned on the tv about long enough to watch the ball drop. Rory is not in this picture because he was providing the live entertainment. (We washed BooBoo 2 days ago, so she's clean! )
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Too cute queenb.

I was cruising on stumbleupon.com just now and found a funny vintage magazine tip: If your son doesn't keep his shirt tails tucked in, sew lace on the bottom of them.
    Count your blessings!

BooBoo the serving table! FUNNY!!

The really funny thing is that she never tried to make it fall off. I set it there bacause I didn't want to make her move out of 'the middle' of us, and it sat there until we finished. The new kitten is amusing, but BooBoo is a treasure. I think they have to mature a little before they show a true 'purrsonality'.
    I hope everyone here had a fun and safe weekend, and for those 'down here', that you have lots of leftover peas and greens for today it's a nice change from fancy hloliday foods!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

My 18 year old son and I had a chat yesterday about all the changes and milestones we experienced in 2010. He graduated from High School in June and I brought up the fact that his first girl friend (in 8th grade) missed the ceremony because she was giving birth (Not to his child!). He knew that this upset me ever since he told me the news and said that most of his friends Mom's said that if it was their child was in the same position, they would happily welcome and maybe even adopt the child. I was floored by this!!! Am I crazy?? I will not accept either of my children becoming parents at this age nor will I adopt their children. If they think they are mature enough to have sex then they better have a plan as to how they are going to support any children as a result of that.. I feel like I'm living in a cave and the world has gone mad....Is it just me??

It does seem to be more common for kids to have babies these days and the choice for the parents is then: do I support my child through this so they can continue to further their education or do I make them pay for their mistakes? You (and I) have standards you want your child to live up to, but I wouldn't burn any bridges that haven't been built.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;4137272;
    Am I crazy?? I will not accept either of my children becoming parents at this age nor will I adopt their children. If they think they are mature enough to have sex then they better have a plan as to how they are going to support any children as a result of that.. I feel like I'm living in a cave and the world has gone mad....Is it just me??
    Bunny -- no, it is not just you. Although my kids are way past this stage, I always worried. I gave both my boys a piece of my mind about contraception, and whether they listened to me or not, I guess we were lucky. The ruin of young lives this way and the lives of the children they bring into the world is horrible. I do not know why these young women do not give these children up for adoption and give everyone a chance for a good life.

I wonder if some of the programs on TV have made motherhood seem like a glorious ambition. There are also many psychological reasons why some of these young women become pregnant on purpose, but that is a discussion for another time and place.

+ Reply to Thread