+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6237Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Cootie: Safe travels! Ellen has given the best advice. Leave lots of room between you and the car ahead of you, drive at a comfortable speed for you. You never want to slam on the brakes in snowy icey conditions. If you take your time, and get the feel of the road you'll be just fine!

SuperBrat: That's great news! I'm sure you are already feeling so much better.

I have one more meal to go as well, NYE thai food with some friends. My problem is why on the days I don't have to eat, I'm eating!!!!

Its been so cold and snowy I haven't been out for my regular walks. We are suppose to get up to 40 degrees on New Years Eve and Day!!! Then back to 15-20 degrees. I'm going to take full advantage and go for long walks! Its 34 degrees right now, the warmest its been in weeks!

I always told my kids when they were learning to drive in bad weather, "Don't do ANYTHING that will make another driver slam on their brakes".
    Count your blessings!

I am happy to report that we made it home safe and sound. We celebrated with a cocktail! The wind in the Santa Barbara area (and north and south of there) was intense. Parts of palm trees were all over the place, but I did not witness any cars or people being crushed by trees Our drive north to Oregon was fine until we got to the higher elevations - the roads were icy, but most drivers were being very cautious, so we made it just fine. We steered clear of the few crazies out there.

Ellen, I know the weather was not the best, but during the 10 days we were in Southern California, we got to see the sun for about half of them! It was fantastic. And we took in a trip to the LA County Art Museum on one of those days.

The rains have cleared the air so we had spectacular views on those sunny days. We could see Malibu from my dad's house and even the Channel Islands in the distance. The Hollywood sign was clearly visible from the art museum on Monday. Beautiful!

By the way, Happy 2011!

Thanks for all the good driving advice - I practiced all of those driving methods of staying safe - the problem is all of those other guys out there who think they are invincible! We managed to stay away from them.
    Last edited by Cootie; 12-31-2010 at 02:30 AM.

Glad you made it home safely, Cootie.

Is anyone going to be here at midnight tonight to ring in the New Year?
    Count your blessings!

If I stay awake

Cootie glad you are back safe and sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4134903;
    Glad you made it home safely, Cootie.

Is anyone going to be here at midnight tonight to ring in the New Year?
    I'll be up for your midnight - I plan to be home having a quiet time with my family so I will try and hop online...

MRD

I can barely keep my eyes open and it's not even 4:30 yet. I don't know if I will make it to midnight. If I don't, you all have fun.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I know I won't. I watched a movie with my granddaughter this afternoon, and fell asleep about halfway through.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie;4134879;
    ...Ellen, I know the weather was not the best, but during the 10 days we were in Southern California, we got to see the sun for about half of them! It was fantastic. And we took in a trip to the LA County Art Museum on one of those days.

The rains have cleared the air so we had spectacular views on those sunny days. We could see Malibu from my dad's house and even the Channel Islands in the distance. The Hollywood sign was clearly visible from the art museum on Monday. Beautiful!...
    I'm so glad you had a good time, enjoyed the sunny days we had, and saw some lovely sights. (I love clear days when you can see the islands; from San Diego, either the Los Coronados off the coast of Mexico to the south, or Santa Catalina to the northwest.)

I don't know if Angelenos do this, but San Diegans actually apologize to visitors when our weather isn't postcard perfect -- even though it's something totally out of our control! (My French clients get the biggest kick out of this!)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread