+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5834Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Hi Everybody Glad to read that everyone had a Merry Christmas!
    I managed to get all my baking, cooking and small bit of shopping done and then picked up the Flu bug somewhere in my rounds.
    Oh Well, I want to thank everybody that reccommended the Neti-pot, my new best friend, it has been a lifesaver.
    Hope you all stay safe and well.
    Happy New Year !

inthegarden: hope you get well soon!

Thanks for the feedback on the garage sale. I figured garage sale lovers would enjoy it. I plan on advertising a couple of weeks before, on kijiji, and two weekends in a row, in the local Saturday paper. On kijiji I can upload some pics of some of the items. I've had a couple of garage sales in the past, and I find "early birds welcome" gets rid of most of the items fast. Everything will be so cheap, or free. I'm looking forward to clearing my home! Anything left over will go to charity.

Gut: The tortellini dish sounds delicious!!!!! I'm tolerating the mess in my house, because I know its only for 9 more days.

I am just about to leave for an 800+ mile trip north to Oregon. With a stop in Santa Barbara along the way. The weather is not too great in Northern Calif and in Oregon, so we may take a few days. The rain has soaked Southern California and now high winds are due, which could uproot trees - we plan to watch out for them, wish us luck! And then we have some snowy conditions and my favorite, freezing rain along with fog to contend with. I am a fair weather driver - I don't know how some of you handle all that stuff every winter!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

inthegarden, hope you feel better soon!

Safe travels, Cootie!

Best wishes for safe travels, Cootie! We've had, with the exception of a few days, really sucky weather for the holiday season. Other years, I'd be walking off holiday treats on the beach! Stationary bikes and treadmills -- yeah, not so much fun, and so not what I'm paying rent for. Oh well, what can you do?
    Drive at a speed that's comfortable for you. Leave lots of space between you and the next guy. And feel free to cuss loudly in the privacy of your car!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I went to the doc's today and he's told me I've lost 15 pounds since mid November! I lost 2 pounds this week alone. For those who don't know, that's when I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism, and put on meds. This was just the medicine kicking in and letting me have an actual metabolism for a change. Imagine if I ate better and moved more. My New year's resolution (well, one of them) is to eat better and exercise.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat;4134460;
    I went to the doc's today and he's told me I've lost 15 pounds since mid November! I lost 2 pounds this week alone. For those who don't know, that's when I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism, and put on meds. This was just the medicine kicking in and letting me have an actual metabolism for a change. Imagine if I ate better and moved more. My New year's resolution (well, one of them) is to eat better and exercise.
    That's great news! Here's to a happy and healthy 2011!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat;4134460;
    so glad the new meds are working well for you. I can still remember the struggle to find the proper balance of thyroid meds that I went through. Makes all the difference in how you feel about soooo many things.

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie;4134114;
    I am just about to leave for an 800+ mile trip north to Oregon. With a stop in Santa Barbara along the way. The weather is not too great in Northern Calif and in Oregon, so we may take a few days. The rain has soaked Southern California and now high winds are due, which could uproot trees - we plan to watch out for them, wish us luck! And then we have some snowy conditions and my favorite, freezing rain along with fog to contend with. I am a fair weather driver - I don't know how some of you handle all that stuff every winter!
    Those winds are here already. Our power went out for about an hour but thankfully came back on. Probably due to the those winds which are rather creepy sounding. Have a "scaredy-cat" dog right now hiding under my desk because of the sound. Stay safe.

MRD

That's great Superbrat. So glad the meds are working out for you! And to lose 2 pounds over Christmas. Why for me that would be a Christmas miracle.

We didn't do the baking or eating we normally do and my jeans were tight yesterday. I'm scared to get on the scale. Plus am sick to death of wedding and holiday food and want actual veggies that aren't fried or sauced. So am ready to get going, but have one more day of eating to get through.

Went to a party last night and they brought out this beautiful cake and I actually thought to myself: Oh not MORE cake. I think that's the first time EVER!

Safe travels Cootie.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread