+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6532Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

My grandson with the Spiderman quad runner grandpa got him for Christmas.

Putting on his helmet he got to go dirt bike riding (which he does) with his dad.

FORT Fogey

Unklescott -- he is just adorable!!

Queenb - sorry your dinner got cut short, but better to be safe than sorry. We are going to get it tonight and tomorrow, and of course you know nobody in or around D.C. can drive worth a d***. Should be fun and games for all!!

Merry Christmas friends! We had a lovely first Christmas in my new home. All 3 kids came... good food, new kitten, fun presents. After ignoring the news for a few days, I just found out we have a blizzard tomorrow! 12 - 14" predicted. Well, I guess it had to come sometime. Ho ho ho!
    Count your blessings!

Queenb - Snow is one thing, but ice is a whole 'nother story. I think most people have trouble with ice. And then you get the people in 4 wheel drive vehicles who just make it worse. You can take off much better on ice with a 4WD, but it doesn't make stopping any easier.

Our problem is that I don't think our attic is insulated well enough so we had snow melt and turn to ice then get about a foot of snow on top of the ice on our roof. My hubby is up there right now raking the snow off in hopes that it will warm up enough to melt the ice. There have been a couple of roofs collapse in the area and I don't want one of them to be mine. But having him on the roof is nerve wracking too.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;4132708;
    .......My hubby is up there right now raking the snow off in hopes that it will warm up enough to melt the ice. There have been a couple of roofs collapse in the area and I don't want one of them to be mine. But having him on the roof is nerve wracking too.
    Your story made me remember the first winter my kids lived in Michigan. I asked my son what he was doing one day and he said he'd just come in from shoveling the roof. That wracked my nerves no end. Last year they finally left the "snow belt" and moved to eastern PA where there is less snow.

As for the nuts in the 4WD vehicles, I don't know why they think they are invincible. They come tearing up the streets in their big trucks and SUVs and end up like the rest of us. I was in the insurance business and I cannot tell you how many of their collision claims I recorded.

Hope your roof stays in tact and you don't get much more of the white stuff.

Gut: I love your new kitty!!! Adorable

Unk: Your grandson is so handsome! What a great picture!

For everyone else, be safe in the snow storms, they are not fun. Shovelling the roof is so dangerous, but its something that has to be done with heavy snowfalls.

GardianAngel! - So good to see you here! I'm loving my home. Thanks again for all your contributions in making it happen. Our kitten is adorable. The girls fuss over her like she's the cutest kitten that ever lived. I was drowsing in front of the wood stove last night when she made a failed attempt to jump onto my shins propped up on the foot stool. Blood was involved (mine, not hers).
    Count your blessings!

Gut: Your very welcome, it was so much fun to be part of your purchase. I've been busy with my son, who's g/f of 12 yrs bought a condo, in Sept, he moved in with her, then they broke up, moved back home after 4 weeks, and now has purchased a condo on his own (after weeks of stressfull offers back and forth, you now what I mean!).

First with the break up, which has been very emotional for me, I love that gal, she's doing great though and that's all that matters. I've also replaced the flooring in my bedroom, what a job, everything has to come out! My home is a nightmare, now with his thing's being piled up in the middle of the house which will be going to his condo, its all good though. In a week and a half, I can start tackling my house and get things back in order, which they haven't been since Sept.

I'm thinking of having a garage sale the end of Jan, Snow or Shine! I'll watch for extended weather forcast and make sure there aren't any storms brewing, but I think that would be a great idea for die hard garage sale people who will be anxious for spring and the typical garage sale time of the year. I'll have my electric f/place going in the garage, lots of coffee, and some free items, like dogs toys, and odd glassware. What does eveything think??

I love garage sales, no matter what the weather. Sounds like fun to me!
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Sorry to hear about your son and his girlfriend. Last time we talked they were settling in well. I know what you mean about your child's possessions piled everywhere. My daughter is home from college for Christmas break and I'm only tolerating her mess because she cooks incredible meals for me every night. Last night it was home made tortellini stuffed with butternut squash and nutmeg with her home made Bolognese sauce.

As for your garage sale - I think it's a GREAT idea. Just be sure to advertise it well, because people won't be looking for one in the classifieds. Maybe a page 3 box ad in the local paper. Post it on Craig's list as well if you know how to do that.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread