+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6766Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

We don't really have a Christmas tradition! But I am here with my dogs and SO snoozing so that is good enough for me! Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Merry Christmas! We had our Christmas yesterday and now everyone has gone home and all I'm left with is the mess!
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

I need to get in the car and go down to my Mom's for Christmas dinner, but that will be it for me. Our family all bring a dish on Thanksgiving, but Mom insists on doing Christmas by herself. So I didn't even cook anything. Christmas is my least favorite holiday--it's turned into just "too much" :/
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I know what you mean Queenb. I enjoy Christmas so much more now than when we had to go to two or three different places all in the same day. Now we stay here, the kids and grandkids come over. I've made it pretty simple. This year we had Mexican lasagna and then just snacking foods for the rest of the day. Just spent the day together and playing with the girls. I even got a couple of great pictures of my huge son, sitting on the floor playing with his daughters and their new dollhouse!
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

I have cinnamon rolls and cresents rising..getting ready to put a breakfast strata in the oven and expecting the kids anytime now. I love Christmas when its just us. I can only do the extended family in small doses, which is unfortunate because my siblings don't understand and think I'm a nutter to feel that way.

Merry Christmas to my FORT family~
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Merry Christmas FoRTers!!!!

We're done opening presents and eating cinnamon rolls. Soon we'll head "over the river and through the woods" to my in-law's. It's just ten of us, so not too stressful.

My mom lives close by, but went to one of my siblings for Christmas this year. We celebrated with her a couple of weeks ago. She just called which was nice.

Have a blessed Christmas, everyone!!!
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Merry Christmas Everyone! I woke up to to a text message from my daughter who lives 10 hours away, she is in labour with my first grandchild!!!!

Congratulations Shyra!! What a wonderful Christmas present!

JUst made my Linzer Torte for Christmas dinner.
    It got a little more browned than it usually does. First time I "preheated" the oven, so that may be why. I sure hope it's as good as usual.
    The Christmas eve pork roast I made, while good, tasted more like ham than pork roast. What's up with that. Does anybody know if they're injecting everything these days?? It seemed like that might have been the reason why.

I wished everyone in the baking / Christmas food thread a great holiday, but wanted to deo it here, as well.

Merry Christmas, Peace, Joy and Love for the coming year to all the great people here on FORT. Who would have ever thought a reality show chatroom would contain so many great people!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I hope everyone here had a wonderful Christmas; I went to my Mom's for dinner but had to come back early due to weather. It's coming a typical GA 'snow/s$%#t" storm--a half inch of slush covered by about 3" of snow, and the temp dropping rapidly--it was right at 32 on my way home. Which means the slush underneath with freeze into a solid sheet of slick ice, hidden under the snow. This is the reason "southern folks can't drive on snow" in large part. This kind is not like the good powdery kind, and your car will just slide as if it's on skis when you get on the ice part.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread