+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6265Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

It is a beautiful day here in sunny Southern California! Time to dry up a little. I am going to try and stay put today. I had to shop for groceries yesterday - the parking lots are a bit dangerous - too many people in a hurry.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

I got so much done this morning I am shocked at how quick I can move! Got up early, got to Walmart which was already filling up!--onto the local Mall to pick up some stocking stuffers and then took an hour to have breakfast out with my daughter! Now some tidying up before guests arrive this evening!
    Wishing everyone here the best of Christmases!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie;4132260;
    It is a beautiful day here in sunny Southern California! Time to dry up a little. I am going to try and stay put today....
    We're enjoying the sunny day, too. Windows open with not only the sunny warmth, but also the added bonus of the rain-washed air smell!

Hubby and I have avoided the malls and chain stores. We decided to get fewer things and support the local small, privately owned business for our holiday gifts this year. As a freelancer/(very) small business myself, for us it just seemed like the right thing to do. (Added bonus? No crowds! And good networking.)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4131597;
    I have a pair of Ugg-type boots that are older than dirt but look great still because the only time I wear them is when it rains really hard here in So Cal.
    Mostly, they sit on a high shelf but when it rains, like it has been doing lately they're perfect. Would probably be a good idea to get something like that for those rare occasions. Spend enough so they won't let water in but not too much because they won't be worn much. I get far more use out of flip-flops than rain type shoes.
    I own so many pairs of flip flops! It could be 50 degrees outside and I'm still in the flip flops!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I went out last night and the crowds were horrible. I just took my time and let people rush around me. When I was done at the grocery store, I told the cashier, "This is it, I'm going home and staying put." I did run to the dump when I realized the usual dump day fell on Christmas and checked around to find it was open today instead, but that doesn't count. Both daughters are home with my son coming tomorrow morning.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;4132303;
    I own so many pairs of flip flops! It could be 50 degrees outside and I'm still in the flip flops!
    I have mine on right now. I don't wear them in the winter at home, though. I draw the line at about 50 degrees...

MRD

It's supposed to start snowing tomorrow about 5 a.m. My first White Christmas! So excited. We saw two deer today on the other side of the creek in my back yard. They didn't see us, so we watched them walk leisurely through the woods.

Very chilly after the nice warm day we had Wed. I have on thick socks, no flip flops here!

I have managed to do nothing today and so now we have nothing to eat. But tonight was snacks anyway and I'm about to get busy. Just haven't felt all that well yesterday and today.

To all my Fort Friends: A very Merry Christmas. I hope Santa is VERY, VERY good to you all tonight as you all have been very, very good to me.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey

A most Happy Christmas and New Year to all the great folks I've "met" on this forum. You've cheered me up on many an occasion, and for that I am most grateful.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I spent some time scrubbing and waxing a linoleum floor in a big room in my dad's house today. I thought of my mom constantly as I did this, remembering her efforts to keep it clean when my brothers had their room out there! It was so nice to have the sun out and a beautiful view of Malibu while I cleaned. I opened all the windows and doors and enjoyed the fresh air.

My daughter went to the store to get the wax and at the first store the guy she asked had no idea what she was looking for! I guess it is not a product people use much these days.

I feel good having gotten something done like that today! It all starting with an aging cat who had a few accidents...it smells so much better now!

Merry Christmas to all of you dear people. I think of you often.

First sunny beautiful day in So Cal in a long time. Spent most of the day cooking and cooking. First part of Christmas tradition was tonight with kids and spouses and my hubby, eating lots and opening gifts.
    Especially wonderful because our first grandchild is on his/her way!!! Will be here next summer.
    Tomorrow it's off to hubby's family, with more food that I prepped today.

Merry Christmas to all the lovely FORT people I have come to know. This is truly an exceptional place and I'm delighted to be here.

+ Reply to Thread