+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6180Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;4131183;
    Is 11:09 am too early to start drinking?
    You are 9 minutes late - where were you?

The sun came out!! I know it won't last long but it is bright and beautiful with ice blue skies!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Well, I left phys. therapy to walk back to the parking lot.
    Unfortunately, when it rains here like it's been doing for several days, we have no irrigation. I had to step into the street where the puddles/rain were literally up to my calves. Got drenched, needless to say. By the time I got to my car, I saw the sun peeking out strongly though it was still pouring. The sky is now dark gray again.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;4131431;
    The sun came out!! I know it won't last long but it is bright and beautiful with ice blue skies!
    Sun came out here, too -- with a beautiful rainbow shortly before sunset. The flooded areas in our neighborhood cleared up; we may get more rain tonight, but it shouldn't be as bad as last night. I'm glad I'm not in Mission Valley! With the reservoirs overflowing and our having gotten more than a year's worth of rain (for SoCal) -- I don't want to hear a word about our water rates going up due to shortages.

Hard to believe that just a couple weeks ago we were bone-dry and in the 80šs.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Bug and Ellen,

I am somewhere between you two right now in SoCal - the drive from Oregon was a little crazy. Some guy lost a few ladders on the top of the Grapevine at night in high winds and rain and we were close behind him on the freeway. The first one was right on the lane to the right of us as we zoomed by. The second one was opened across an entire lane of the freeway. Mr. C just happened to change lanes seconds before the SUV in front of us hit the open ladder. Crazy. It would have wiped out my little Corolla had we stayed in that lane. We drove in fear of more ladders ahead, but fortunately we escaped unharmed. We did see a truck towing a trailer full of ladders eventually and he was driving like a maniac - we got ahead of him and hoped for the best for those behind us. We saw another car drive up with a banged up bumper dragging on the ground. It was surreal.

This Southern California rain is very different from the norm here. Relentless! Roads are falling apart in Long Beach and there are mudslides all over the place. I may try and take a walk to the beach tomorrow to see the sights of the area that I am visiting. Being from Oregon, my raincoat is handy...

I too saw a beautiful rainbow today when the sun came out for a bit.
    Last edited by Cootie; 12-23-2010 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;4131233;
    It has been raining non stop here. I don't have any rain shoes either. I guess I'd better invest in something waterproof since it doesn't look like this is going to be a dry winter at all.

How are all of you?
    I have a pair of Ugg-type boots that are older than dirt but look great still because the only time I wear them is when it rains really hard here in So Cal.
    Mostly, they sit on a high shelf but when it rains, like it has been doing lately they're perfect. Would probably be a good idea to get something like that for those rare occasions. Spend enough so they won't let water in but not too much because they won't be worn much. I get far more use out of flip-flops than rain type shoes.

The sun is shining here today. Woo Hoo.

Looks like So CA will get a much needed respite until Christmas night.
    THey said we've had a 1/2 year's rain in the past week, I believe.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

A big cyber hug to all of you in California who are suffering through this unusual rainy weather. Hope you are all safe and sound.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;4131834;
    A big cyber hug to all of you in California who are suffering through this unusual rainy weather. Hope you are all safe and sound.
    It's certainly been a lot of rain which so far hasn't been that bad for us. Unfortunately, all the ants in the entire state of California (at least it seems like all) are trying to find a new home inside my house!! I hate killing them but we just can't live together inside. They're welcome to the ENTIRE outside but stay out of my house, please. :nono

Wow. Counting my blessings today! Hugs to all affected by the weather, be it rain or snow. We have just enough snow to count as a white Christmas. It was beautiful this morning under a bright moon. I turned out all the inside lights and watched my woods. A rabbit came to my bird feeder where there is a lot of ground scatter. I may get some alfalfa to put out for it.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread