+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7280Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I think they call you because they know you'll share with all of us! I can't believe the MIL calling you-I know what I would have attempted to tell her they were doing because they were NEWLYWEDS and didn't call her ofter! Holy cow!! I never expected to hear from my kids on their honeymoon!

FORT Fogey

MRD -- Unplug your telephone for the next couple of days!!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;4131183;
    ...Is 11:09 am too early to start drinking?
    Nope, 'cuz it's 5:00pm somewhere...
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

Famita, unreal isn't it? I didn't answer and let it go to voicemail and that was the message. I KNEW I didn't want to talk to her. I'm busy cleaning. House went to hell the last couple weeks, have done nothing for 2 days but rest and the kids texted this morning they are coming back today instead of Sunday. So since the weather is nice, I threw open the windows and doors, unpacked, started laundry (they will hold the washer hostage when they get home) and am cleaning like a mad woman.

They were supposed to go visit his parents in Florida for Christmas after they left Universal Studios today. Guess not. But I'm NOT telling her. I texted back and told him to call his mother.

She had him get down on the floor on Sat. and buckle her shoes before the wedding. My family was flabbergasted.

So since they are making the 10 hour drive back today, I can't turn off the phone, but I can screen calls.

Caller ID is great. But I need "Caller what's the problem" so I can decide if I want to answer it. Couple people that called today I wanted to talk too until I found out they had issues they wanted me to fix.

Nope, can't fix my own issues, sure can't fix yours.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

It has been raining non stop here. The gutters around the building are horrible. There is a plugged area right by our front door so we have a water fall every time it rains. The owner thinks it is too expensive to have someone come and force the debris out of the gutters so here we sit, an accident waiting to happen on the walkway. Hubby is the manager so of course everyone calls him when there are issues.The owner actually asked him to get up on the roof to try to push the "plugs" out of the gutters! Those "plugs" have been there for over 10 years and they aren't moving no matter what is done. I guess she would rather be sued for slip and fall than pay to fix anything. Two apartments have developed leaks in the roof..... can't do anything about that until it stops raining. This building is a piece of work I tell you. I love my neighbors and the fact that it is quiet but this place is going to fall down in less than 10 years. I don't have any rain shoes either. I guess I'd better invest in something waterproof since it doesn't look like this is going to be a dry winter at all.

How are all of you?
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey

Bug -- sorry to hear of all your rain troubles. Hope there is some resolution soon.

More important, how are YOU and how is VICTOR? Assume you're home now.
    We have all been thinking of you and praying.

We are home. Victor is having some side effects of the treatment. Loss of appetite, bowel problems, a little bleeding but nothing too major. The doctor isn't that concerned yet. We will be having blood tests done the 23rd, 28th and 30th. We will be back in LA on the 2nd until the 10th of January for treatment. Near the end of Jan we will have another CT scan done to see if this is doing any good. Crossing my fingers!

I went out to CVS last night to avoid going to any really crowded places and bought everyone a little something there. This could be Victor's last Christmas so I went a little nuts on the gift cards!! I asked him what he might want for xmas and he said a Wii but the black one... of course! Can't find it so I told him we would go while in LA to see if we could find it at one of their electronics stores.
    Last edited by buglover; 12-22-2010 at 03:17 PM.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Order within 5 hours at Amazon and you'll get it tomorrow.

Amazon.com: Wii Hardware Bundle - Black: Nintendo Wii: Video Games

MRD

Man, Bug, I know you have been getting slammed with rain. Hope it lets up soon.

I have all the windows open and am barefoot and in shirt sleeves. Was freezing a week ago and worried about the heater holding up. And we are expecting snow on Saturday. Crazy. But this will be my FIRST white Christmas.

Glad to know you guys are home. Hope Victor is feeling a bit better by Christmas so he can enjoy the tamales.

I know what you mean about going crazy for Christmas. Did that the year my mom had cancer.

Still praying that in Jan. they find everything is GONE and the treatment worked.

You are all in our thoughts and prayers and sending lots of hugs.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;4131183;
    Is 11:09 am too early to start drinking?
    Not when you're dealing with family!

A couple of years ago I had a drink before going to my in-laws for brunch. They are their own special brand of crazy. I wasn't even tipsy, but I was hoping that the little bit I drank was enough to make me more mellow and able to deal with them

+ Reply to Thread