+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4475Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I'm late weighing in but hope everything goes smoothly, Gut. Your guests are in for a treat with the wonderful menu your daughter is preparing.
    The last party I attended was at Halloween. We are games people and had a great time playing Pictionary (using a dry erase board propped up with special Halloween themed expressions to draw) as well as Charades. I have to say the women were a little more into it then the men, but we pitted men against women and then the competitive streak came out and the men started to have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4130861;
    Got a flu shot today. It hurt a whole lot worse than any of the others ever have! The technician drew blood first, and that was a lot more pleasurable! Anybody else who's had a flu shot noticed a difference?
    (And I like playing Taboo with a group of people! Talk about cracking up! )
    I had mine the beg. of November. The nurse warned that there was more in it this year - H1N1, etc - and would probably hurt more than usual.
    I never mind needles, but I did feel this one.
    The good thing, though, was that my arm never bothered me after. In years past, it often has. This time - no.
    So, hang in there, Shay. It will get better.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

My flu shot this year also pained me.

Mine was hardly noticeable. The nurse "kneaded" the muscle afterwords to work it in.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4130815;
    Thank you MMartini - I hope you stick around. The Fun and Games thread is a fun place to get aquainted, too. If you're a reader - check out the Books thread, if you're a foodie... well please join us there. Something for everyone.
    But don't forget that our main focus is reality TV (Fans of Reality TV) so don't be afraid to jump in in our discussion threads of all the great cheese there is out there that's called reality TV.

MRD

Sticky situation and need advice. I have a cousin that ALWAYS kept up the family cemetary plot. She made sure all the headstones and cement grave covers were in good shape, etc. She had to have a couple of the older ones repaired and she always paid for that. She was very conscientious about taking care of the family plot, more so than the rest of the family. Her granddaughter took care of her in her last years and made sure EVERYONE knew it. She also brags about the million dollar house they own in one state and the million dollar house they are building in another state. She and her spouse own "the largest _____ company in the state".

So found out today when other relatives went to put poinsettas in the family plot today that after 2 years, grandmother has no headstone or cement grave cover. The metal marker the funeral home put up is bent and rusted.

This cousin brags constantly about what they have, where they go, what they do, blah, blah, blah. Her grandmother is rolling in that grave knowing that she is the only one out there not properly remembered when she remembered all the others.

Another cousin wants to say something and wants me to join her in saying something about at least putting up a small headstone.
    I am so angry right now I can't see straight. I know how much family both alive and dead meant to this cousin and her granddaughter made such a show of taking care and sacrificing so much in the last years for her grandmother, but leaves her grave basically unmarked.

Advice? Thoughts?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm not really understanding this, and I've read it twice. Is she claiming to be keeping up with the graves, but she's not? Or she's keeping up with all the others but not this one? Any reason why she would neglect just that one?

My party was a hit. The food was incredible and almost everyone just stood around the counter where the food was and ate standing up. Eventually they settled in chairs. Our art teacher who retired this year came and got choked up to see everyone. We talked and talked and talked. No party games needed. Lots of leftovers for a week of good eating.
    Count your blessings!

First, breathe deep...obviously the lying cousin has some really big insecurity issues. Try to look at it that way to stop being angry- being mad just isn't going to do any good.
    Personally, I wouldn't confront her at all, I would get other family members to go in on a decent marker for the grave and have it installed. I would not even bother informing the liar. I don't see why confronting would help, it will just create drama. When and IF lying cousin ever does go to the graveyard, she will know then that she's been busted. If not, whatyever, the woman has to live knowing she is a chronic liar about this. It's probable much of the other bragging is exaggeration/lies anyway, and assuming they are in debt up to their eyeballs, true or not, always seems to give me a little relief when dealing with this type. I mean, if you make a million a year but use credit for 1.5 mill, guess what--you are poorer than me.
    Also, and I do hate to point this out--bear in mind that no one else has gone to the plot in 2 years either, and "someone else is tending it" isn't really an excuse, now is it. Maybe the one who found out can find their way to go back on ocassion, or the bunch of you can rotate turns as you visit the area.
    And, if this person has that much to say about how well they tend the plot, I think it would be plenty to wait for the subject to come up again then say "Yes, we know what good care you take of it...(person x) went there at Christmas and told us aaaallll about how it looked." If the liar says "nice isn't it" or anything so they can start crying "vandalism", don't bite, just look at them and change the subject.

That's my advice, you asked...No way I would ask lying-cousin to help select, install, go see, think about, or anything else re the new marker. What a piece of work.
    Last edited by queenb; 12-21-2010 at 07:33 PM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4130999;
    I'm not really understanding this, and I've read it twice. Is she claiming to be keeping up with the graves, but she's not? Or she's keeping up with all the others but not this one? Any reason why she would neglect just that one?
    I had to reread it...the person who did all the tending is the now deceased grandmother, whose granddaughter (MRD's bad cousin) pretends that she is carrying on the tradition. A visit by another relative proved this to be a lie, and nowa second cousin wants to get a group together to confront granddaughter/lying cousin.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4130999;
    My party was a hit. The food was incredible and almost everyone just stood around the counter where the food was and ate standing up. Eventually they settled in chairs. Our art teacher who retired this year came and got choked up to see everyone. We talked and talked and talked. No party games needed. Lots of leftovers for a week of good eating.
    ...But how long did they stay?
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Thank you for the advice Gutmutter. That is pretty much along the lines of what I was thinking.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

+ Reply to Thread