+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Anyone have any good remedies for post-nasal drip? My nose isn't stuffy or anything, I just have this annoying mucus running down the back of my throat. (usually when I get this I have a full-blown cold or the flu, so I deal with everything at once - but not this time - so I'm not sure how to deal with just the post-nasal stuff)

FORT Fogey

Wrigley -- I hesitate to recommend anything specific due to forum rules.
    However, seeing an ear, nose, and throat doctor might help. My SO suffers from the same ailment. Plenty of good doctors in our area; I am about 20 miles "up the road" from you.

everyone I know has been dealing with this for a week or two. Mine is just ending. The most annoying thing is the cough from the irritant in the throat. Sorry I can't help on a remedy since all I did was sip water and once in a great while a cough drop.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I can recommend but you, like a lot of people, might be hesitant to do it. Some of us believe in the neti pot. I have life long allergy issues, and the neti is a godsend for me. With the neti you, comfortably, fllush out you sinuses with warm salt water. It looks creepy, but is quite soothing, and can be used multiple times/day if you need it. Doctors believe in it. The practice is thousands of years old, and is yoga-connected. PM me if you need to know more. You can google it, too. You can see it on You Tube, too. I'm pretty sure people get sick of me talking about this, but I must extol its virtues! The real bonus is that there is no medications involved.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4129609;
    I can recommend but you, like a lot of people, might be hesitant to do it. Some of us believe in the neti pot. I have life long allergy issues, and the neti is a godsend for me. With the neti you, comfortably, fllush out you sinuses with warm salt water. It looks creepy, but is quite soothing, and can be used multiple times/day if you need it. Doctors believe in it. The practice is thousands of years old, and is yoga-connected. PM me if you need to know more. You can google it, too. You can see it on You Tube, too. I'm pretty sure people get sick of me talking about this, but I must extol its virtues! The real bonus is that there is no medications involved.
    Thanks! I've never tried a neti pot before but have heard great things about them. If it gets worse I will have to try it. So far I've been gargling with warm salt water and drinking lots of water.

I also use the Neti pot and don't hesitate to recommend it. It isn't medicine, just warm salt water. You can even use an old squirt-top water bottle the first time instead of buying the whole get-up if you're not sure you'll take to it. Do try to watch a youtube demo. You just lean forward and to the side over the sink and let it drain into one nostril and out the other. It clears out the sinuses and tear ducts.
    Count your blessings!

We had our picture taken with Santa at work today.

Very nice. Ho ho ho. Nice looking crew Unk!

Great pictures Buglover and Unk! (And YAY for Victor and that big old smile--he's a champ!) I'm glad to see people celebrating things..my family for some reason are just so....I don't know, don't do anything in the way of "going out" around the holidays, and i don't have any real buddies to hangout with either. Pooh...I think it's about time for a FORT hen party/trivia/beer thing. "Pre-MardiGras" or something

I use the neti pot too, but last November i developed such bad PND it turned into a chronic cough and reactive airway that would NOT go away and had me barking about 5 minutes per hour even at night. . After going to every kind of doctor and having every test you can imagine, when I went in for my sleep study the doctor casually gave me a prescrip and told me to use it without fail for three weeks. I was skeptical but did it and the cough went away!!!!! I backslid a little, coughing came back, so back to the routine EVERY DAY. Anyway, it's a nose spray, but not one of the steroid kind most doctors want to give you (Astelin, Nasonex, Rhinocort and the like) If anyone wants to ask their DR I forget the brand name but the generic is Ipratropium Bromide Nasal Solution . Just remember it takes a few days to start being mostly effective and up to 3 weeks if the problem is long standing.
    Anyway, i am now in love with Dr Z. The South African accent doesn't hurt either!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

The wedding was fabulous. The bride was beautiful. We all had fun. It did rain, so we had to go to plan B, but even that worked out well. Hubby and I are back home and they are in Orlando for a few days. I will post more later. But just wanted to give you all a brief note to say, it's over, it was beautiful and here's a pic.

Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread