+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6457Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Love that picture, buglover!

I have disturbing toy news... I went to Walmart yesterday with my Little Sister looking for stocking stuffers. Pick-up sticks now come with a little ball on the end instead of a point. For any of you old enough to remember these as a staple of indoor recess time at school you will understand how shocking this is! You can't press down on a tip to get it to spring free from the pile, and you can't use the tip of one to flip another one away. What is this world coming to? Then this morning I went to open my Lego advent calendar and it was Santa in a thong with a shower brush to go with the shower stall I built yesterday. The fold-out scene is of a living room with train tracks on the floor, and so far I've built a snowman, drum set, cat and dog, boy skateboarding with a sword (?!), other family members, etc. Where does naked, showering Santa fit into this scenario?
    Count your blessings!

I found that out when I tried to buy jacks when my son was little, the jacks were made out of plastic/ rubber and had rounded ends.
    How many of the metal jacks did I step/sit on as a kid.
    We all survived... They mess with pickup sticks and jacks and then sell scary toys, video games and have a Santa in a thong.

Oh, and there is a child-version of beer pong that they are pushing heavily in Walmart! It was in 3 different sections of the store!!!!
    Count your blessings!

Well, Gutmutter, that'll teach ya to go to Walmart!

I was just at Walmart yesterday, but I didn't see the beer pong game. Too bad I've already got presents for my granddaughters! *sarcasm*
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Question: vaporizor or humidifier, and why?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Whichever you choose, make sure you sterilize it regularly so you're not blowing mold through the air.
    Count your blessings!

I use a vaporizor because I only need to up the humidity if I start getting sinus headaches and a humidifier really needs to run all the time to be of any value. Considering how many things we have plugged in these days, my personal preference is to always take the path of least electrical usage.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Bug,

I'm so sorry that you guys got such bad weather when you were in / still in LA. It does feel pretty Christmasey though for LA, I have to say!!

My thoughts, as always, go out to you and yours on Victor's good health. My sister's best friend had her successful lung cancer surgery 2 months ago and is progressing quite well. My best friend's sister had her brain cancer surgery 6 months ago and is hoping that the continued chemo will enable her to have radiation laser treatment later on to eradicate the tumor for good.
    Miracles do happen. May they continue to do so for all of us.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Bug -- great picture of you and Victor at the wedding. You're a pretty lady.

Continued prayers and thoughts going across the country for you and your family that this treatment will be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4129106;
    Love that picture, buglover!

I have disturbing toy news... I went to Walmart yesterday with my Little Sister looking for stocking stuffers. Pick-up sticks now come with a little ball on the end instead of a point. For any of you old enough to remember these as a staple of indoor recess time at school you will understand how shocking this is!
    Well, that just stinks. When I think about all that my generation was exposed to, I have to wonder how we all survived, given how dangerous everything was. It's a wonder there are any baby boomers left at all!!!
    It's sad to see the demise of "common sense"

+ Reply to Thread