+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5838Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;4126130;
    I've been away from hubby for 13 hours and am officially going nuts! I've been calling him every hour just to say hi and now he's gone to bed so I'm pacing around the room like a mad woman! When we are home we really aren't attached at the hip or anything but I guess just knowing he's in the other room gives me peace. I don't get to see him until Saturday! Boo-hoo me!! lol....
    Call me next time you need someone to talk to. You know I'm up at all hours.

Love you much!

MRD

Bug, you can call me too. I could use a distraction right now as I'm stressing about this wedding, the cold, our heat and several other things.
    I think you have my number, but I'll pm it to you just in case.

I know how you feel though. I am not comfortable unless I know that my family is all safe under the same roof.

Take care and know you remain in my thoughts and prayers.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;4125916;
    It's a super-easy quick bread that can be doctored up in all sorts of ways.
    Here's the basic recipe:
    Ingredients
    2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
    (I prefer 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour & 1 cup all-purpose)
    1 tablespoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
    3 tablespoons white sugar
    (I prefer 3 tablespoons honey)
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    1 bottle of beer
    (It's fun to experiment with different kinds)

Directions
    Heat oven to 350ºF.
    In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients and make a "well" in the center. Pour in the honey (if using honey instead of sugar), olive oil, and beer. Mix with a wooden spoon until just blended. The batter will be sticky. Pour into a parchment-lined 8.5" x 4.5" loaf pan. Bake at 350ºF for 50 or 60 minutes. (The toothpick test works for checking doneness.) The top will be crunchy and the insides will be soft.

Sometimes before popping it into the oven, I like to sprinkle parmesan and/or sunflower seeds on top.
    Thanks. Might have to try making it sometime.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

My recipe is much simpler:

3 c. self-rising flour
    4 T. sugar
    1 can beer (room temp.)

mix and let sit for 10 min. Bake in buttered and floured loaf pan 1 hour @ 350*

I added a note at some point that I added a little honey and a little more flour.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Well, see the sex thread was removed. I was flabbergasted when I logged on yesterday. And I am not a prude. Good job mods!

Need to hit the ground running today. Leave in the morning. From here on in it's going to be a constant barrage of things to do and stresses because something did or did not happen.

Bought the most amazing stuff at the health food store. Called Aniexty relief. Has all natural ingredients. Should be called: 'I no longer give a S***" because once I took it, my stress was gone, it did not make me feel sleepy or drugged like prescriptions do and the house could have fallen down around me and I would have just said: "Que Sera Sera". My entire family thought I had been replaced by an alien because I was just not bothered by anything. I plan to take it constantly over the next 3 days.

I need to get out of bed and get busy. So much to do, so little time. How did this happen? How did we get just 3 days from the wedding so quickly?

FORT Fogey

MRD -- Jusr a note to wish that all goes well with the wedding -- I am sure it will if you have planned and orchestrated it!! You are a sharp lady. Hope you can post some pictures somewhere.

When all has calmed down, can you PM me the name of what you bought in the health foods store. No rush. Thanks.

MRD

It's called: Anxiety Relief

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;4127033;
    I saw this for sale today on vitacost. They have user reviews there, too. Most seem to have had the same results as you, mrd .
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;4127033;
    Thanks, MRD. I shall check it out!!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;4127018;
    Well, see the sex thread was removed. I was flabbergasted when I logged on yesterday. And I am not a prude. Good job mods!

Need to hit the ground running today. Leave in the morning. From here on in it's going to be a constant barrage of things to do and stresses because something did or did not happen.

Bought the most amazing stuff at the health food store. Called Aniexty relief. Has all natural ingredients. Should be called: 'I no longer give a S***" because once I took it, my stress was gone, it did not make me feel sleepy or drugged like prescriptions do and the house could have fallen down around me and I would have just said: "Que Sera Sera". My entire family thought I had been replaced by an alien because I was just not bothered by anything. I plan to take it constantly over the next 3 days.

I need to get out of bed and get busy. So much to do, so little time. How did this happen? How did we get just 3 days from the wedding so quickly?
    Thanks for the giggle MRD... You might want to save some for after the wedding...and share some with the mother of the groom....
    Now, is this the real wedding or the fake one?

Best Wishes to your daughter and soon to be son-in-law. Have a great time.

+ Reply to Thread