+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Unk - Sounds like you're getting what Iowa got yesterday. We are still snowed in. We got 7 inches of snow with high winds and now the cold is setting in. They are predicting a windchill of -30 tonight. High of 2 tomorrow. School is already cancelled for tomorrow... not my school, though. I'll still have to drive 65 miles round trip in this mess just to take one measly final.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;4125199;
    Nice! I'll be in LA all next week at the Ronald McDonald house and Children's Hospital. We are going to a deli right now near the beach to have some roast beef sandwiches with cheddar cheese on Sourdough bread! Talk to you guys in a while!!
    That sounds yummy -- , indeed! Fingers crossed for everything to go well with Victor and you.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

A lot of the schools around here in NW Ohio are delaying and canceling already. The snow is blowing sideways and the windchills are supposed to be subzero tomorrow.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Off until tomorrow mid afternoon. Going to leave at 6am to get to the hospital for our first treatment. Victor seems pumped and so am I!! Talk to you all later and have a wonderful week if I don't log in!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Have a good trip, Bug - I'll be thinking of you and Victor.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;4125188;
    Once wedding is over, we are relaxing. We are not doing Christmas this year. I did put a tree up and I am going to do a little (very little) something for stockings, but we are just going to hang out and eat yummy treats and drink Mimosas and watch movies Christmas. No gifts, no big dinner. I got my job back at the museum and start after Christmas. Just a few hours a week right now, but whole new change of personnel coming and so I may get more hours soon.
    We are traveling for Christmas, but mostly to visit and are not doing many gifts. Just food and laughter and walks to the beach in sunny Southern California!

MRD, that is great that you have your job back! I will keep you in my thoughts and hope for the best. More hours, indeed!

I think we may have mimosa's too. I will toast you all. We started having them a few years ago and I know many of us on this board have a toast to our mom's who have passed on in the morning on Christmas. A nice way to start the day...I am looking forward to it.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie;4125469;
    We are traveling for Christmas, but mostly to visit and are not doing many gifts. Just food and laughter and walks to the beach in sunny Southern California!

MRD, that is great that you have your job back! I will keep you in my thoughts and hope for the best. More hours, indeed!

I think we may have mimosa's too. I will toast you all. We started having them a few years ago and I know many of us on this board have a toast to our mom's who have passed on in the morning on Christmas. A nice way to start the day...I am looking forward to it.
    Nothing like opening gifts with a buzz on. Makes some of those not so great gifts (chia pet) look like the best thing you ever got! Also makes dealing with difficult family members much easier.

But, you and Victor have a good week and hope the treatments go well.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;4125558;
    Nothing like opening gifts with a buzz on. Makes some of those not so great gifts (chia pet) look like the best thing you ever got! Also makes dealing with difficult family members much easier.

But, you and Victor have a good week and hope the treatments go well.
    I tried that with my mother in law, but there's not enough alcohol in the world....

On another note, it's -11 here this morning. Our road is still blown shut. My husband and son are out in this horrible cold right now trying to get my sons girlfriends truck out of a snow bank. And I have a final at 12:30 today. Wish they would cancel school so I could just curl up in bed with my footie pjs.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I see that the museum recognized the star in you, just like we do! Good for you, lady!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;4124807;
    Huh? As in liking white bread? I'll have to take a look next time I'm shopping. But my husband hates white bread, loves the same grainy stuff as I do. (In fact, when I made beer bread last week, he made sure I was going to use whole wheat flour.)
    What's beer bread? Is it just what it sounds like? Is it like a sourdough in some way?

For toast it has got to be white for me, preferably thick-cut (Texas-style) bread. For sandwiches I like wheat, the more grains the better.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread