+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6258Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

We were discussing whether or not we liked trying new food things at the hairstylist the other week. I have an adventurous palate, when I'm not allergic to something, so I'm the person picking out something on the menu that I've never had. One woman said she didn't like trying new things. I know a woman with 3 young children who only orders chicken fingers when she goes out. I think her 9-year old daughter's palate is more diverse than hers. I've learned that I love escargot, and don't care for sweetbreads, or froglegs.

My son....not so much...which surprises me since I raised him, and he saw me always trying new things. If he goes to Subway, all he wants is bread and meat with some kind of dressing, and maybe some lettuce. I want a whole salad adorning my sandwich! Some of everything, especially cucumbers! No carrots, please.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 12-12-2010 at 12:45 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

My daughter was eating escargot, lobster, shrimp and crab at 3 years old. Wouldn't touch a hot dog or hamburger. Problem was, we had a hotdog budget, not a lobster one.

I will try almost anything once. I don't get the people that only order one or 2 of the same thing.

I have a friend and her week is like this: Monday: tacos. Tuesday: Spagetti, Wedsneday: Meatloaf, etc. It NEVER varies. They eat the same thing on the same night each and ever week.
    I would have stabbed myself with a fork by now and she's been doing it for YEARS!!!!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Ok, where is winter??!!???!! It is 87 degrees here and I'm sweating my butt off! All of my summer clothes are put away so now I have to try to find something light to wear..
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Oh, Bug, come on over. Snow flurries and a low of 15 tonight. It's been here for at least 2 weeks. AND it's been cold in Florida. It has 5 days to warm up there for the big day on Sat.
    I am DONE! Hope to never see another sunflower or hot glue gun for a while. Have made 3 bouquets, 2 coursages, 3 boutinnerres, flower girl basket, ring bearer pillow, center pieces, table decorations and the most gorgeous arch you have ever seen. Oh and 3 hair ornaments. Filled net bags with bird seed, polished 22 pieces of silver.
    Still need to buy beer and wine and pack. Will buy other food on Fri. after we get to Florida and then get it all set up.

House and dog sitter coming for dinner tonight for instructions on how to feed and water dogs, turn on their heating pad, how to bang on the heater to make it work, etc.

Hair and nails with my daughter on Tues. Still have to get dress bustled, pick up ring from being sized, pick up rental car and a few other odds and ends. This time next week, it will all be over and hubby and I will be back in SC.

on the wedding MRD! I'm so excited for her and for you and also the fact that once this is over, you can take a moment for yourself and try to relax! You deserve it!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Once wedding is over, we are relaxing. We are not doing Christmas this year. I did put a tree up and I am going to do a little (very little) something for stockings, but we are just going to hang out and eat yummy treats and drink Mimosas and watch movies Christmas. No gifts, no big dinner. I got my job back at the museum and start after Christmas. Just a few hours a week right now, but whole new change of personnel coming and so I may get more hours soon.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;4125167;
    Ok, where is winter??!!???!! It is 87 degrees here and I'm sweating my butt off! All of my summer clothes are put away so now I have to try to find something light to wear..
    I'm lovin' this winter weather! (It's only 80ºF here.) Hubby took me on a "mystery date" this morning -- brunch at the outdoor café at the Museum of Contemporary Art in La Jolla (overlooking the ocean), then saw the new exhibit, stroll through the sculpture garden.

Luckily, all my clothes are in the same place all year 'round (not much in the way of storage space nor clothes...), so I was happy to pull clothes out of the shorts/tanks drawer!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;4125167;
    Don't rub it in. Winter is alive and well and currently residing in Columbus, OH.

A Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 11 am EST
    Monday.
    Occasional snow will continue through Monday morning... with heavy
    snow possible tonight. Overnight... northwesterly winds will
    increase in intensity... with gusts of 30 to 40 mph. Additional
    snowfall of 1 to 3 inches can be expected through Monday morning.
    This will result in storm total accumulations of 3 to 5 inches.
    Santa was in town today doing some recon for his upcoming trip. He stopped by my restaurant and 2 of my servers took the opportunity to tell him what they wanted for Christmas.

FORT Fogey

I was shoveling snow in sub-zero weather this morning.

You want winter? You can have it! I'll happily send you the snow clogging up the streets and sidewalks here, and you can have the windchill as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;4125192;
    I'm lovin' this winter weather! (It's only 80ºF here.) Hubby took me on a "mystery date" this morning -- brunch at the outdoor café at the Museum of Contemporary Art in La Jolla (overlooking the ocean), then saw the new exhibit, stroll through the sculpture garden.

Luckily, all my clothes are in the same place all year 'round (not much in the way of storage space nor clothes...), so I was happy to pull clothes out of the shorts/tanks drawer!
    Nice! I'll be in LA all next week at the Ronald McDonald house and Children's Hospital. We are going to a deli right now near the beach to have some roast beef sandwiches with cheddar cheese on Sourdough bread! Talk to you guys in a while!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread