+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4498Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;4124681;
    Buttered toast and runny eggs....... every time I eat them I think of my mother. That was the way she loved her eggs.

So I have a wedding to go to tonight.....family.....they have not seen me since I gained another 25lbs to make it a whopping 45lbs since this whole thing started with Victor. My aunt has some condition that puts things in her lungs sarcoidosis (sp?) but refuses to take steroids to help with that because they will make her fat..... I cannot even believe she said that to me and now I have to sit at her table tonight and listen to how awful it is that she might get fat. GRRRRRR....
    I'm in a mood right now. So if that was me, I'd more than likely say I'd rather be fat than dead. But I just told a whole bunch of idiots off on my facebook -page for using a derogatory term for homosexuals.
    So you may or may not want to say what I'd say. Depending on how bad it gets. Gawd, don't you just love family?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I gained weight when I had my kids and comments by family and friends were the worst. Hold your head high knowing you have your own priorities right now.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Do what Gut says. My approach probably not the best one for a family wedding.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;4124687;
    I'm in a mood right now. So if that was me, I'd more than likely say I'd rather be fat than dead. But I just told a whole bunch of idiots off on my facebook -page for using a derogatory term for homosexuals.
    So you may or may not want to say what I'd say. Depending on how bad it gets. Gawd, don't you just love family?
    lol.......I saw that on FB.

I'm going to roll with it and realize that one day I can lose the weight. I love my family but I am not terribly close to them. My aunt just pokes her nose into my business all the time since my mother passed away. But, I know they love me.... it's just hard to be around the Barbie people (fake boobs, face, body) without feeling frumpy. Glad my son and hubby love me more than life and that even though I'm insecure about my weight, I still haven't spent my life savings trying to change myself!! I'm happy through all of this and this ain't easy!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;4124700;
    lol.......I saw that on FB.

I'm going to roll with it and realize that one day I can lose the weight. I love my family but I am not terribly close to them. My aunt just pokes her nose into my business all the time since my mother passed away. But, I know they love me.... it's just hard to be around the Barbie people (fake boobs, face, body) without feeling frumpy. Glad my son and hubby love me more than life and that even though I'm insecure about my weight, I still haven't spent my life savings trying to change myself!! I'm happy through all of this and this ain't easy!
    Alright I missed something again.

Paul it's a girl thing!
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey

Bug -- sometimes you have to employ "selective hearing," which all men practice at various times and which all women have been victims of.

Considering what is going on now, I hope this person has the good sense to just be nice and leave you alone, no matter what her basic personality might be like.

Hope you can just enjoy yourself. Blessings.

Buglover, if your extended family can't be supportive at this stressful time, then what good are they really? I mean with all your son has been dealing with and their going to comment because you gained some weight due to stress? I'd say their priorities are totally messed up.

Sorry if I'm being offensive or too harsh, but this sort of thing really pushes my buttons for some reason.

Slight off topic, but I used to work with this truly miserable woman. She had some sort of arthritis condition that was very painful. She told me at lunch one day that she stopped taking her steroid shots because "She would rather be in pain than be fat". I thought to myself well obviously you rather be a *itch from pain than a pain-free normal person. We didn't have too many lunches together after that.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My question: What is it with men and white bread? I've noticed it when I'm shopping in the grocery store....and they are proud of it!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4124743;
    My question: What is it with men and white bread? I've noticed it when I'm shopping in the grocery store....and they are proud of it!
    I don't understand what you're getting at here.

+ Reply to Thread