+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4540Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Totally fried egg or a little runny yolk? I love runny yolk..........
    Yup, with donuts!!

If not for a little runny yolk, where else would you dip your toast?

FORT Fogey

Not to throw a blanket on this "runny yolk" fire, but it is a good idea not to order "eggs over easy" in a restaurant. SO ended up really sick and in the hospital this time last year after eating that in a restaurant. The person he was with also got sick, so we don't know if it was the eggs or the food handler. But now he only eats that style of egg at home.

I like my fried eggs a little more firm with only a bit of runny yolk. Different strokes for different folks.

After I read Angela's Ashes, I craved eggs for the longest time.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by nennie;4124297;
    I just had a fried egg sandwich for dinner.
    My mom's staple dinner when she didn't feel lilke cooking.

Buglover: definitely runny yolk to dip toast or biscuit in. I don't do fried egg sandwiches unless I make eggs in a basket.

I really don't eat eggs much unless they are hardboiled. I cannot eat them for breakfast. I don't know why, but if we have them later in the day, I can do it, but first thing in the morning? No.

I also put ketchup on scrambled eggs as that is the ONLY way I can tolerate them.

I don't usually order eggs in restaurants, so am safe there.

Nennie, I don't like syrup either. I put jelly on my pancakes or roll up bacon or sausage in them.
    Last edited by MRD; 12-11-2010 at 10:47 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I have a hard time with eggs in the morning too they don't set well on my stomach but can tolerate them in the evening. If I have a fried egg sandwich I cook the yellow hard but if I put them on a pancake I have them runny. I break the yolk on my pancake and spread it out. I also make sure all the white is cook because there is nothing more gross than uncooked white.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;4124527;
    My mom's staple dinner when she didn't feel lilke cooking.

Buglover: definitely runny yolk to dip toast or biscuit in. I don't do fried egg sandwiches unless I make eggs in a basket.

I really don't eat eggs much unless they are hardboiled. I cannot eat them for breakfast. I don't know why, but if we have them later in the day, I can do it, but first thing in the morning? No.

I also put ketchup on scrambled eggs as that is the ONLY way I can tolerate them.I don't usually order eggs in restaurants, so am safe there.

Nennie, I don't like syrup either. I put jelly on my pancakes or roll up bacon or sausage in them.

So did Richard Nixon....

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by just1paul;4124572;
    So did Richard Nixon....
    But I've never broken into Democratic headquarters though.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I only put my "over easies" on top of buttered toast, and go for it from there. Heaven, heaven, heaven!!

The idea of ketchup on eggs....uh.....no. But if it works for you, please just sit at another table, preferably, behind a newspaper or menu!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Buttered toast and runny eggs....... every time I eat them I think of my mother. That was the way she loved her eggs.

So I have a wedding to go to tonight.....family.....they have not seen me since I gained another 25lbs to make it a whopping 45lbs since this whole thing started with Victor. My aunt has some condition that puts things in her lungs sarcoidosis (sp?) but refuses to take steroids to help with that because they will make her fat..... I cannot even believe she said that to me and now I have to sit at her table tonight and listen to how awful it is that she might get fat. GRRRRRR....
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread