+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6246Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I can't wear perfume because it aggravates my migraines.
    My grandmother wore White Shoulders and it smelled so good.
    My Dad wore Grey Flannel.
    and my Mom bathes in Beautiful

This is hysterical!

EZ Cracker - New way to separate eggs!

But wait. If you order within the next 10 minutes we will also throw in the EZ Scrambler, a $20 value absolutely free!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;4123681;
    This is hysterical!

EZ Cracker - New way to separate eggs!

But wait. If you order within the next 10 minutes we will also throw in the EZ Scrambler, a $20 value absolutely free!!!
    How dumb - just what we need, more plastic devices to do something that we can do more simply

I want one! I hate peeling hard-boiled eggs. I wonder what happens if you use the Easy Scrambler and then the Easy Egg Separater?
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4123749;
    I want one! I hate peeling hard-boiled eggs. I wonder what happens if you use the Easy Scrambler and then the Easy Egg Separater?
    Gut - the result will be you will have a mess!!
    Imagine if Julia Child were still alive and saw this!

My mom read an editorial in the local paper earlier this week which mentioned a local family's tradition to purchase two trees when they go tree-shopping (one for themselves, and one to give to a family in need of some holiday cheer). She was so moved by the article that we're going to a tree farm either on her lunch break or tomorrow morning to buy a tree for someone else, and we'll deliver it tomorrow (along with some cookies which I will make this afternoon)! I'm so excited to spread some holiday cheer!

My dad had heard that a local nursery which has been a great gardening resource for us is struggling. We already got our tree there (and more things than we would usually get from them at the holidays), and I know my parents have been telling their friends to get their trees there, so we're happy to get another tree from them, too.
    Last edited by Missyboxers; 12-10-2010 at 10:24 AM.

One of our local nurseries is part of the Trees for Troops program. You buy a tree for $25.00 and FedEx takes care of getting the trees to wherever the troops can use it.
    You can directly donate, but it is nice to pick out your tree and attach a little note to it also.

treesfortroops.org
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4123749;
    One of our FORTers posted about the easy way to peel hard boiled eggs that her grandmother (?) used, if that's your problem. When you take them off the stove, put them in cold water and immediately crack the shells and let the eggs sit until you can, comfortably, handle them (go find something to do). Super-easy to cleanly peel! It works for me everytime. I was always leaving a lot of egg with the shells until I started doing it like this. Makes sense, when you think about it. That egg contracts in the cold water, leaving a space between the egg and the cracked shell.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Well, except I like to hard boil a dozen at a time and have them over the week for lunch and snacks. Would they keep as well if they were already peeled?
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Not for me, they wouldn't! Yuck! I only boil enough for what I'm doing at the time. The ease is worth it, for me.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread