+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6383Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Polo...... if I smell that I get a headache that won't go away! In Jr High every male wore that and must have kept it in their lockers to spray every time they opened the locker! My mother used to wear Opium (I think that is what it was called) in a purple bottle. I normally don't wear scents but now and again I will wear something from Sephora.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

My dad wore Old Spice as did every man of his generation. That's the only other one I can identify by smell.

I remember Polo being popular too.

My husband doesn't wear cologne. Never has. I wish he would. I really like it, but he doesn't.

My daughter wore Clinque Happy which I loved. Then she switched to one that hurts me and smells like she bathed in it and I've seen her put it on and she barely puts any on and still smells like she bathed in it. I want to say it's Liv Tylers from Givenchy. But I can't be around her when she wears it.
    Oh and she was putting Happy on in the car one day and my husband says: "Who's putting on bug spray?" He said that is what it smelled like to him, so hmm, maybe that's my answer as to why he doesn't wear cologne.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My dad wore Bay Rum which I LOVED so when my son hit middle school and started wearing cheap cologne, I got him that and told him if he switched to it, the girls would love him. He got extra hugs from me, that's for sure!
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I always think of Obsession as Old Spice for women!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My "ducks" came in today! I got the boots, and now I see why there is a zipper in the back of them. I've yet to get my foot into the lace-ups! As my mother would say, "Persevere, My Dear."

Did see the duck shoes in green and red on another site! I may be feeling the red!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My perfume of choice is Organza Indecence, but they discontinued it, and then reformulated it to something I didn't like. which I discovered after paying $100 for a new bottle. So I've gone back to my old standby, Shalimar, with an occasional shot of Kenzo Amour, which has been described as "blandness itself that is compelling; it just smells nice, and there is something rather calming about it". These are about the only three perfumes that don't give me a vicious headache. And old-fashioned be damned, I love Chantilly dusting powder in the winter. L'Occitane's Verveine is nice in the summer, even though it harkens back to the lemon scents of the 70's .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

When I was a kid my mother's friend used to give me all of her half used bottles of bath supplies and perfumes. I remember thinking I was so cool using Jean Nate (sp?) after bath splash!! I wouldn't touch that stuff now if you paid me to!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I like a couple of Yves Rocher: Comme une Évidence is my warm-weather go-to (so, most of the year). so the cooler weeks, I sometimes wear Voile d'Ambre (or, as my hubby calls it, "sex perfume" ). Their stuff smells nice, and I'm not allergic to most of it -- and the prices are reasonable.

Because of asthma/allergies, I'm limited to what I can wear or be around. I can't sit next to the old ladies/old men in church.

In middle school it was Charlie. In college it was Clinique Aromatics Elixir. For awhile (as long as a small, on-sale bottle lasted), I wore Diorissimo, which I loved, but geez, it's expensive!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4122874;
    My dad wore Bay Rum which I LOVED so when my son hit middle school and started wearing cheap cologne, I got him that and told him if he switched to it, the girls would love him. He got extra hugs from me, that's for sure!
    When I was a kid, my mother used to put a mixture of glycerine and bay rum on her elbows and hands to keep them soft. That's a smell I associate with going to my parents' room when I was sick at night. It's still incredibly comforting to me. It's mom making everything better.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

My boyfriend could have chosen me something fun from this group....especially leaning toward the Giant Gummy Bear! Talk about something you would never forget! Bought my former husband a 5 lb. Hershey bar one year, and a chocolate butt another time. He loved chocolate!

Quirky Christmas Presents

+ Reply to Thread