+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

There was Charlie, Tabu, and a few others that I can't remember! Whatever was at the local drugstore, I'm sure. Oh well....it's the thought that counted....right?

(Just more junk to throw away!)
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Emeraude? Chantilly?
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Back when, I was thrilled to get the Love's Baby Soft gift set - the cologne, powder and the lotion. Thought I was hot stuff at 15 years old!
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

I was a Charlie girl.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Tabu for me, or Tigress by Faberge. As I've aged I am oversensitive to clogne now and can't stand to be around anyone who breaks the "2 drop or 2 puff" rule. Remember, folks--at gatherings, other people wear scent too. If you can be smelled from more than three feet away, you are probably at least helping someone's throat get irritated! I have one family member who wears so much that I almost can't stay in the same room with her, and it can wreck my holiday meal. And I just today got a pretty dress that I got from Ebay, and i love it, but the seller aparrently thinks it's "nice" to spray items with perfume, Febreeze, or 'something". I immediately put it in the washer, but the house is still reeking and my nose is running. So I'm on a perfume peeve right this minute1
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Jean Nate'

Jovan Musk. Oh I LOVED that one.

There was a Prince one too. Not the singer.

And all the HS boys wore Hi Karate!!!

I agree a spritz is all you need. I can't stand being around someone that has literally bathed in perfume. It normally doesn't bother me unless they dumped the entire bottle on themselves.
    More and more doctor's offices are asking that you not wear scent when you come to appointments as people are sensitive.

I've been watching Mogels and Movie Stars on TCM and Gloria Swanson spent $500 a MONTH in the 1920's on perfume alone. She must have bathed in it. My bottle of Estee Lauder's Beautiful lasts me 6 or more months. That has to be like spending $5000 a month now on perfume. I just can't imagine.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

OMG!!! What a walk down memory lane!! Emeraude, Tabu, TIGRESS!!! (do they still make that? That was my favorite), Jovan Musk, Chantilly... oh my. The scents of my youth. Now if I wear anything, it's a tiny amount of essential oil (amber) or layered bath products (soap, shampoo, lotion). I have perfume-induced asthma so I have to be careful. If my daughter gets in the car with me with too much scent, I have to roll down all the windows, so she's learned.
    Count your blessings!

I still use Jean Nate in the summer months. It keeps me cool and is light enough for every day use.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

For us, it was all about Tabu in high school. Jontue was big too. The hot boys wore Polo and now I can't even smell it. Ick. In college it was Obsession and Poison, which I still love.

My grandmother wore Chantilly. The smell takes me right back to being with her. Funny how smells do that. A few years ago, my cousin gave me a few handkerchiefs that had been my grandmother's and they still smelled like her, even twenty years later. I keep them in a sealed bag so they keep the smell. I can still smell Colgate shaving cream in the orange striped can (wonder if they even still make that) and it's my grandfather right there.

I haven't worked anywhere in many years that didn't have a no perfume policy. So many people are allergic now. My mother is one of them, so I'm used to not wearing any fragrance when I'm around her. She has a close friend who has been literally brought to her knees just by walking by someone who was wearing too much perfume (while walking in the park at 7:30 am, which is a head scratcher). Some people think it's not that serious an allergy, but it really is.

Although I have a bottle of Sarah Jessica Parker's Lovely and I like Philosophy's Calyx too - I use both from time to time. For every day, I just use Bath & Body Works body spray.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

MRD

My mother wore Chanel No. 5. I really don't care for it. Wasn't her, just I never liked it. Now if I smell it on someone, it makes me think of my mom. It's one of the few perfumes I can identify by smell.

Prince Matchabelli? Was that it? My grandmother wore that and Emerude.

Drug store perfume. Oh my, those were the days!

I love Chanel's gardenia perfume and think it would be great for summer, but 1 oz is over $100. So no, sticking with my midprice Beautiful.
    I am a one perfume person anyway. I like to think of it as my "signature".

In college, I wore Gloria Vanderbelt with the swans on the bottle to match my Gloria Vanderbilt jeans.

Then switched in the mid 80's to Salvador Dali perfume because the bottle was so cool. I still have half a bottle of it. The stopper is a nose, the bottle is lips. I don't use it, but I can't get rid of it because the bottle is so cool, still.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread