+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4488Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

The color choices that I have are black/tan and blue/tan. And they lace up. $60 for the shoes, and $70 for the boots. I don't know I'm waiting for.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4121775;
    The color choices that I have are black/tan and blue/tan. And they lace up. $60 for the shoes, and $70 for the boots. I don't know I'm waiting for.
    My shoes are slipon, but I've had them for 15+ years and they are green/brown.

Boots zip. Got them at Bass Pro Shops last Jan. on sale for $35.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Wish I had bought mine 15+ years ago, but I would never have been in the Bass Pro Shop! Good for you! Yeah, the shoes are slip on. Zappos had run out of the shoes in my size, so I guess I'd better go ahead and get the boots. I feel like "somebody" is trying to send me a message, and I'd better listen!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4121782;
    Wish I had bought mine 15+ years ago, but I would never have been in the Bass Pro Shop! Good for you! Yeah, the shoes are slip on. Zappos had run out of the shoes in my size, so I guess I'd better go ahead and get the boots. I feel like "somebody" is trying to send me a message, and I'd better listen!
    I did not get mine at Bass Pro Shops 15 years ago. And the boots I ordered online. But you have to go in a Bass Pro Shop at least once. Oh my gosh! It's WILD! LIterally.

I think I got my original par at a Bass shoe store. Remember Bass shoes? Sold a lot of moccasins and loafers in the 80's and early 90's. I think they are out of business now.

Actually, I think there's still a Bass outlet in Freeport, Maine.

Missyboxers, Bass shoes are a whole 'nother thing. Bass Pro is talking about bass as in fish; it's a huge outdoor store
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;4121822;
    Missyboxers, Bass shoes are a whole 'nother thing. Bass Pro is talking about bass as in fish; it's a huge outdoor store
    MRD mentioned both

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;4121790;
    I did not get mine at Bass Pro Shops 15 years ago. And the boots I ordered online. But you have to go in a Bass Pro Shop at least once. Oh my gosh! It's WILD! LIterally.

I think I got my original par at a Bass shoe store. Remember Bass shoes? Sold a lot of moccasins and loafers in the 80's and early 90's. I think they are out of business now.

Woodsprite Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Duck shoes/boots are great for knocking around. The shoes will slip off if you step in a sticky mud.
    I've had to move on to Muck Boots and shoes especially around the farm. They are fantastic for wading muck, mud, water and snow.

phroshay I've found nice looking water proof, lined leather boots and shoes at Bass Pro and Academy sports. I have a pair of ankle boots that I got from Lands End that are get for running to the store, they are water proof, lined, have great traction, and zip up the back.

MRD

Bass Pro Shops is one of those places that everyone should visit at least once in a lifetime, even if you are not an outdoor enthusiast. It is totally AMAZING. And besides sporting goods, they sell clothing and house wares. I also got a great pair of leather clogs there on sale that are comfortable and stylish and don't scream: "I got these at a store that sells rifles, camo and deer urine"

ETA: And it's Really cool at Christmas when they have the fireplace at the entrance all decorated and have the most gigantic tree I've ever seen.
    Last edited by MRD; 12-07-2010 at 02:04 PM.

I got my favorite slippers last year from LL Bean. They're shearling lined suede sandal-style slides, ie. they just have a strap across the top of the foot, but they're really warm because of the shearling. I don't like wearing closed-toed shoes and, since I live in CA, I can get away with it most of the time. I got the slippers really cheap on sale last year, but now they not only don't have the same style, they're over $40. I love these slippers, but they're getting a little disreputable looking. This year, LL Bean has the sandal slippers, but they are the "thong" style and those aren't comfortable.

If anyone's seen a similar style somewhere else, I'd love to find another pair. I live in these slippers!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread