+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6454Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I could use a nice pair of slippers-- a pair that is not slip-on and has some bit of cushioning to them. The Isotoners with the elastic back just seem to slip off my feet. Any suggestions?

Hubby and I haven't really been exchanging the past few years. Neither of us are clotheshorses and when things get too worn, I usually just replenish. We're not gadget people either, so there really isn't any sense to buy something just to have it under the tree. Plus, my birthday is a few days after Christmas so we go shopping together the week after Christmas and take advantage of the sales. I usually pick out something for my birthday. Not very romantic, but it works for us. Plus, Christmas is for kids anyway.

FORT Fogey

Morning, ECM -- If you are looking for warm slippers for winter, what about the bootie-type that Dearfoams makes? I have two pairs and they are nice and warm. I wear the Isotoners the rest of the year so I am not much help. Have you looked in the LLBean catalog for the moccasin type? Hope you find something you like....

MRD

Ok, I am going against popular opinion on here, but I LOVE to get gifts. I love having presents under the tree. I make a long list and give it to my husband and daughter. That way they know what I want and they can choose a few things, so I'm surprised at what I get, but it's stuff I wanted.
    But we also try to do as much as we can for charities as well.

This year, we are not doing gifts because of the wedding. He is HARD to buy for and I usually get him clothes as he always needs work clothes. Not fun, but he hates Christmas anyway. He's happy we're not doing it this year.

I like the slip on kind, but all I've found have open toes. I don't want that kind.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom;4120834;
    I could use a nice pair of slippers-- a pair that is not slip-on and has some bit of cushioning to them. The Isotoners with the elastic back just seem to slip off my feet. Any suggestions?

Hubby and I haven't really been exchanging the past few years. Neither of us are clotheshorses and when things get too worn, I usually just replenish. We're not gadget people either, so there really isn't any sense to buy something just to have it under the tree. Plus, my birthday is a few days after Christmas so we go shopping together the week after Christmas and take advantage of the sales. I usually pick out something for my birthday. Not very romantic, but it works for us. Plus, Christmas is for kids anyway.
    I wear Crocs with thick socks for house slippers. I'm bad about running outside with house slippers on and get them wet and dirty. They have Crocs that are lined, but try them on, they fit different than the unlined ones. Last year I got a pair for $19.00 at a Macy's early bird sale. They last forever.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;4120857;
    Morning, ECM -- If you are looking for warm slippers for winter, what about the bootie-type that Dearfoams makes? I have two pairs and they are nice and warm. I wear the Isotoners the rest of the year so I am not much help. Have you looked in the LLBean catalog for the moccasin type? Hope you find something you like....
    Morning Columbia! I've had the Dearfoam booties in the past and they don't last for me for some reason. Plus, they don't have enough cushioning. I'll look into the LL Bean suggestion, though. Thanks.

I wear Crocs with thick socks for house slippers. I'm bad about running outside with house slippers on and get them wet and dirty. They have Crocs that are lined, but try them on, they fit different than the unlined ones. Last year I got a pair for $19.00 at a Macy's early bird sale. They last forever
    inthegarden, that's an interesting suggestion. I don't have a pair of Crocs but I'll look into it. Thanks for your input.

If I'm moving about the house, I wear a pair of cork-soled shearling clog type slippers from LL Bean - love, love, love them. If I'm just lying on the couch for a protracted period of time, I wear a pair of softer shearling slippers from LL Bean - love, love, love them too. When the weather's warmer, I wear a pair of Crocs because they are flat out the most comfortable things I have ever put on my feet.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I saw lined Croc-like shoes at CVS. Not sure if they were actual Crocs. I didn't check the price but I don't think they were $19.
    Count your blessings!

I would love to have a pair of crocs but I have narrow feet and can't find a pair that fits right. My sister has a pair of the croc style shoes I got her for Christmas last year that are lined and she loves them.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My favorite shoes to wear around the house are anything by Clarks, that way I'm ready for indoor or outdoor. The support they give me also gives me comfort. With traditional house shoes, I always found that I would either slip and/or trip, or my feet would sweat. I also keep a stockpile of big, thick, slouch socks.

I am thinking I want a pair of "duck shoes", which are for inclement weather. They've been around forever, but I never indulged....so now I think I'm ready! Has anyone had any experience with them?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

LOVE my duck shoes. I have duck boots now that zip and are lined inside. But I hate getting my feet wet and hate wet cold feet, so duck shoes are wonderful and they are really comfortable too.
    I got mine at Bass Pro Shops online and they were on sale. This was last year. (for the boots)

I keep a pair of mule type sneakers by the back door. If I go outside, I slip off the slippers, slip on tne sneakers and am good to go.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread