+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7195Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I much prefer picking up my pizza from the restaurant. Not only did I have a bad experience with one of the "adult" delivery drivers, but it makes a difference between a 1 hour delivery time or 20 minute pickup time for me (it is just a couple of blocks away.)

When I complained about the extremely rude delivery driver to the parent company, they comped me free pizza. At that time, I vowed to never order delivery from them again. So far, I've stuck to my word.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    I've been reading about all these Chinese food delivery guys in large cities who are routinely robbed/killed. It's a dangerous job and one I wouldn't want to do. I remember one college classmate was raped when she went to deliver a pizza. It was pretty horrible.

Carryout is the way to go in some instances. The husband or I often pick food up on our way home from work. Like prhoshay said, sometimes the wait time can be a lot less that way. But there are times when you're just cozy at home and like to indulge in being super lazy!

shay I've often wondered if those notoriously poor tippers might get a little something extra on their pizzas occasionally.

LL we have a lot of folks who rob the delivery guys here. I always wonder if it ever occurred to those deadbeats that they could get a delivery job and make their own money.

We also have had some murders. A couple of years ago a student at U of Memphis was murdered for his pizza money. Someone called in an order to a vacant house and they ambushed him. Can you even imagine what kind of genius would think that the pizza guy is loaded with money? I think that all they got was the tip from his last delivery because the people had called the food in on their credit card and tipped him in cash.

I've heard of a pizza place that actually has a black list for delivery. When your number comes up, literally, it says not to bother. You have either non tipped over a period of time, been arrogant or rude, not answered the door, or whatever. They just don't take your order and hang up. On the upside, if you are a good customer who orders frequently, they pretty much put you to the top of the list and delivery really quickly and sometimes throw in extra sauce or breadsticks or something. It seems to work well for them. The good customers stay and the bad have to find somewhere else.

I happen to like my pizza extra fancy, Grade A, with good color and no indentations
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Anyone ever told you you're a smarta**?

I want to be on the good list! I'd be crushed (and hungry) if the pizza people hung up on me.

muduh, I'm sure you'd be on the good list!

There are some people who can't afford to be the best tippers, but are always courteous and friendly and I'm sure that goes a long way in keeping goodwill. (Although I'm sure a good tip is appreciated even more!)

Well you know what, if I couldn't afford to tip, I'd just whip up a meal and leave the delivery guy out of it, wouldn't you?

We just came from Perkins and I made the mistake of ordering steak. I asked for it medium well, but it was cooked to death. No taste whatsoever and dry enough to choke on. Wish I'd had pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2130021;
    I've heard of a pizza place that actually has a black list for delivery. When your number comes up, literally, it says not to bother.

misskitty
    , this reminds me of an episode of "Seinfeld" where Elaine's address was banned by the Chinese delivery place she liked best, so she set up a fake address "house" in the apartment building janitorial closet.

MRD
    My child will only eat frozen pizza or Dominos (which I can't stand, rather have frozen), but GOOD, REAL pizza, she doesn't like. Says its too greasy.

So ordering pizza here is an adventure we often don't take as its just easier to get a frozen pizza and not have to listen to her.

Well I start the interview process all over again this week. I have a couple good leads and one of our church members who is a lawyer asked me to call him today, so that sounded good. Not sure if there is a job in it, but maybe some contacts.

I hate this part. I want to already be in a job 2 months down the line where I'm no longer new and know exactly what I'm supposed to be doing.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

There wer a couple of dumba@@es in my city who got it in their heads to rob a pizza delivery guy. They called and ordered the pizza to an address (on their street), waited outside, got the pizza, robbed him and went to their house. The police officer on the case went door-to-door asking residents if they saw or heard anything. Got to these dumbo's door and smelled the pizza. Caught them red-handed.

Unklescott's post reminded me of the ep. of Seinfeld where George was trying to break up with a girl and she wouldn't agree to it. When asked what was wrong with her, he said "She talks to fruit". Later on, there is a scene in his apt. where she reaches into his fruit bowl, takes an apple and says "Oooh, Mr. Apple, you've got a brown spot" and bites into it. He rolls his eyes and walks away.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

+ Reply to Thread