+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7195Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

CCL

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4113830;
    Now see, I was going to say it's always on Thursday because the origin of the word is "Thor's day":
    Thor (from Old Norse rr) is a hammer-wielding god associated with thunder, lightning, storms, oak trees, strength, destruction, fertility, healing, and the protection of mankind.
    I don't know about you, but that sounds like my family's Thanksgiving to a T.
    Ha!
    I still find it weird that it is on a Thursday rather than a Monday or Friday. Do most people have to go back to work on the Friday?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

MRD

Paul, freeze it. Make up some individual dinners and freeze them and then you can just pull out a dinner and microwave it for yourself.

Unk, You most definetly made a lot of people happy yesterday, that's what it's all about.

So glad everyone else had such a nice time.

Gut, it is SUCH a small world huh?

CCL, most people do have Friday off unless they work retail and then today is their worst work day of the year.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;4114877;
    Paul, freeze it. Make up some individual dinners and freeze them and then you can just pull out a dinner and microwave it for yourself.

That is what i will do. thank you
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I freeze a lot of mine too. I leave it in big enough chunks so I can cube, slice or whatever. Am I the only one who actually loves the traditional Thanksgiving deal? Of course all I supplied was
    1)the turkey
    2)pecan pies

There are no bad cooks in my family, so we divide the work. These two things are always my department . The turkey was 28.5 lb this year, and we had 2 great big hams too. We had about 20 adult/teenagers and several under 6, and everyone ate all they wanted and went home with plenty as well.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;4114877;

CCL, most people do have Friday off unless they work retail and then today is their worst work day of the year.
    The infamous Black Friday. Some Canadian stores are having Black Friday sales this weekend, trying to capitalize on the American frenzy. I'm not that big of a shopper and I'm not waiting in line for any sale unless I'm getting a big screen tv for a dollar. Or something ridiculous like that.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Pet peeve thread - My daughter did me a favor and got me some paints I needed at the local store. I realized after she headed back to Boston that she had gotten oils instead of acrylics, but had left me the receipt so I went to exchange them. Because she had used her debit card, they said they needed to see her card to exchange them (starter boxes, exactly the same price). I asked to see the manager and explained the situation to her. She told the cashier to treat it like I had lost the receipt and handed it back to me. When the cashier did that transaction it came through the computer that the oils were $1.60 less than the acrylics and she wanted me to pay the difference. I pointed out that the price on both boxes was the same and it showed right on the receipt that she had paid the higher price 30 minutes before. She actually said, "Well, since you don't have the receipt..." !!!!! I said, "I have the receipt RIGHT HERE!" But no, the only resolution was that I pay the difference. It wasn't much, but it was really the unbelievable stupidity of the situation that made me mad. I don't usually lose my cool like that. And yes... it will keep me from shopping there again which I was pi$$ed enough to announce loudly to that imbecile on the other side of the counter.
    Last edited by Gutmutter; 11-26-2010 at 05:58 PM.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Gut, that is ridiculous. People are idiots.

Queenb, I love the whole traditional meal. I will even eat creamed pearl onions (I haven't seen those in 20 years since my aunt died).
    Um, not crazy about pumpkin pie though. But I love everything else.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I was lucky enough to work today, but only a half day. People were glad to see us open so they could do business. I didn['t mind-it made me get out of bed. I enjoyed reading about others TDays.

I love pumpkin pie but only have it on Thanksgiving! Glad my friend had one of them while I supplied her with all the chocolate cake she could eat.

We had a nice Thanksgiving... glad to hear everyone else had one too.

+ Reply to Thread