+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7124Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Well, got a call from my future son in law's mom. I didn't answer it at the time as I was doing something. I called back and she pretended I had the wrong number. I recognized her voice and I double checked and I did have the right number.
    She finally calls me back later and her issue: She thinks we are having a "fake" wedding in Florida and that the "real" wedding is some HUGE bash up here that they are not invited too.

By the time I got finished there was total silence on the other end of the line. I've already had the discussion with her about why we are not inviting the 100 out of state relatives her son's never met unless they pony up the money for the food and drink for these people.

The kids are having THEIR wedding. They want a small (30 people) wedding with people that actually mean something to them. They are paying for half of it. We are paying the other half. The groom's family isn't even doing a rehearsal dinner.

I knew things were going too well that someone had to stress this up sooner or later.

Fake wedding. OMG!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;4112160;
    Well, got a call from my future son in law's mom. I didn't answer it at the time as I was doing something. I called back and she pretended I had the wrong number. I recognized her voice and I double checked and I did have the right number.
    She finally calls me back later and her issue: She thinks we are having a "fake" wedding in Florida and that the "real" wedding is some HUGE bash up here that they are not invited too.

By the time I got finished there was total silence on the other end of the line. I've already had the discussion with her about why we are not inviting the 100 out of state relatives her son's never met unless they pony up the money for the food and drink for these people.

The kids are having THEIR wedding. They want a small (30 people) wedding with people that actually mean something to them. They are paying for half of it. We are paying the other half. The groom's family isn't even doing a rehearsal dinner.

I knew things were going too well that someone had to stress this up sooner or later.

Fake wedding. OMG!
    Tell her the wedding is really going to be in Wisconsin, specifically Milwaukee on January 5 - in the middle of a blizzard while standing on a frozen pond somewhere.......
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

mrd, I can tell that you are in for future of "treats" with this family. Luck to you!
    She's just sounding the bell to let you know.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

What also gets me is that she pretended I had the wrong number when I called her back (at her request via voice mail).

MRD

Shay, she was an older mom when her son was born, so she is 67 now. I keep saying to myself: "she can't live forever".
    I know, that's bad, right?

I feel bad for the kids, she hounds them constantly. But my daughter stands up to her as well. Which is why I think she called me because of the last conversation she had with them. I do not think she will be calling me again. I did not get angry, I was polite, but I was also not taking any you know what. And she knew it by the end of the conversation.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Let's just say it's factual!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

MRD -- I know where you're coming from...fortunately both of my kids' weddings went off without a hitch but....

When I got married my parents planned the wedding and paid for everything, as my MIL didn't have a pot to put flowers in. There was no rehearsal dinner either, and the night before the wedding she took her out of town guests to some restaurant in NY. My hubby did not want to eat a big meal that night, so he stayed home by himself and had PB&J for dinner.

At the ceremony she refused to be seated, saying she had to "greet her guests." We finally got her seated seconds before my mom went down the aisle with one of the ushers.

At the reception she refused to honor the seating chart and actually asked one of my friends to move to another table.

Weddings can be a big pain in a very delicate place. Grit your teeth and know it will soon be over. I feel sorry for your daughter if she will have to contend with this woman over the long term. I wish you the best.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;4112229;
    MRD -- I know where you're coming from...fortunately both of my kids' weddings went off without a hitch but....

When I got married my parents planned the wedding and paid for everything, as my MIL didn't have a pot to put flowers in. There was no rehearsal dinner either, and the night before the wedding she took her out of town guests to some restaurant in NY. My hubby did not want to eat a big meal that night, so he stayed home by himself and had PB&J for dinner.

At the ceremony she refused to be seated, saying she had to "greet her guests." We finally got her seated seconds before my mom went down the aisle with one of the ushers.

At the reception she refused to honor the seating chart and actually asked one of my friends to move to another table.

Weddings can be a big pain in a very delicate place. Grit your teeth and know it will soon be over. I feel sorry for your daughter if she will have to contend with this woman over the long term. I wish you the best.
    Thanks, what is it about weddings that brings out the worst in some people or makes someone other than the wedding couple think they need the spotlight?

My daughter can hold her own, so I'm not worried. I'm just sorry she's stuck ith this. I had a horrible MIL and I did not want that for her. Oh well.
    And now she's dealt with ME. Somehow I get the feeling I won't get any more calls.

My only worry at the wedding is that the grooom's father is the best man, so he won't be around in the beginning to keep a handle on her.

SOOOOOOOOOO
    You guys all got your invitations to the real wedding here? The big huge one with lobster and filet mignon, free bar and Elton John playing the reception?

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;4112311;
    Thanks, what is it about weddings that brings out the worst in some people or makes someone other than the wedding couple think they need the spotlight?

My daughter can hold her own, so I'm not worried. I'm just sorry she's stuck ith this. I had a horrible MIL and I did not want that for her. Oh well.
    And now she's dealt with ME. Somehow I get the feeling I won't get any more calls.

My only worry at the wedding is that the grooom's father is the best man, so he won't be around in the beginning to keep a handle on her.

SOOOOOOOOOO
    You guys all got your invitations to the real wedding here? The big huge one with lobster and filet mignon, free bar and Elton John playing the reception?

I did NOT see anything with a BAR MENU or am I BRINGING MY OWN MILLER HIGH LIFE???
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;4112311;
    SOOOOOOOOOO
    What time will the family jet be hitting Columbus to pick me up?

+ Reply to Thread