+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5879Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I think hot saucing is as discipline is so wrong.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I never heard any of my friends talk about it, but maybe it was one of those things that wasn't discussed?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My care givers and mother always gave me soap in the mouth when I did something wrong or sassed off. I cannot stand the smell of Ivory soap to this day!
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey

Actually, on last night's episode of "Supernanny" (ABC) the father used hot sauce on his kid or kids. He seemed to have no control over them, and this was his solution. Of course Supernanny stopped him from doing that. If you access the ABC website you can see the entire program. I did not see the entire episode last night.

It is truly sad when parents cannot deal with their kids in any other way.

We never got soap, hot sauce or anything else. One look from my mother was enough to put you in your place, but that was a long time ago and the nature of parenting has changed tremendously, and not necessarily to the good.
    Last edited by Columbia, MD; 11-13-2010 at 09:11 PM.

I've heard of people doing the hot sauce, but it's all been recently. Why anyone would think this is more humane than spanking is beyond me; personally I would even rather have one of the whippin's I got as a kid than the hot sauce treatment!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I had never heard of "hot saucing." I can't believe that now I have!
    What a horrendous and stupid thing to do.

Altho I must say that I see a lot of young parents who have very little control of their kids. I can still stop my daughter in her tracks by a look or a tone of voice and she's almost 36!!
    Once when I took dog training classes with my dog, the instructor kept telling me to use a more forceful voice. It wasn't until I realized that I needed to dig up my "Mother-Voice" which I hadn't used for awhile
    (both kids, grown/gone) that I really understood what he meant. I can stop those dogs in their tracks too now!

I'm very alarmed by the "hot-saucing" punishment. I had never heard of it before. "Washing out the mouth" with soap for bad lanugage, yes (never did it or had it done to me). The main reason I'm so concerned is an experience I had a couple of years ago when I bought a jar of Wickles red pepper relish. I had thought it was sweet red pepper, but discovered at home it was hot pepper. I have a low tolerance for hot foods, so decided to try just a miniscule amount - and almost had to go to the emergency room! I couldn't breathe! I self-treated with milk and yogurt and slow/deep breathing and my inhalor, but it was a scary experience. I'm talking less than 1/8 t. for an adult.

On a lighter note - I had an e-mail from Silly Goose (creative toys and games) with something called Ms. Food Face Dinner Plate. It is a plate with a female equivalent of the face in the classic game where you use a magnet to move iron filings to make head/facial hair on a bald guy... but this is on a plate and the food becomes the embellishment. Too funny! I couldn't actually find it at Usillygoose.com, but when I googled it, I found several vendors (including Amazon) that sell it. I have some Amazon gift certificates coming from my credit card. Now who on my Christmas list needs one of these?

P.S. See avatar
    Last edited by Gutmutter; 11-14-2010 at 08:24 AM.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4105310;
    Now who on my Christmas list needs one of these?

P.S. See avatar
    She would look fabulous with some rumball earrings.

I worked at a day care center many years ago and we had a child who would not stop biting. The parents told us to bite her back, but of course, we couldn't do that. Someone suggested spraying lemon juice in her mouth when she bit, and it did work. I've never heard of hot saucing though. That sounds a bit extreme.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I watched Dr. Phil last week and he had previews for a show this week - the 17th, I think - that showed a mother who was using hot sauce to punish her son. It looked like she was literally pouring the crap in his mouth. What a nasty, spiteful way to discipline a child. I hope this isn't some kind of backlash as a result of the no-spanking laws.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread