+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6975Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I think it was queen's post, and it was after I had posted about the guy leaving his eyeglasses under my hood when I bought a new car battery.

AHA!!!! Found it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;4086515;
    Make sure you get the prescription from the eye doc and you can get glasses that are just as good from zennioptical.com for a fraction of the price--believe it or not the quality is just as good even for weird prescrips.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 11-08-2010 at 06:01 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I think it was queen's post, and it was after I had posted about the guy leaving his eyeglasses under my hood when I bought a new car battery.

AHA!!!! Found it!!!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by queenb
    Make sure you get the prescription from the eye doc and you can get glasses that are just as good from zennioptical.com for a fraction of the price--believe it or not the quality is just as good even for weird prescrips.

Thanks, my friend!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Shop at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Banana Republic Factory Store, and Gap Outlet in-store from Nov. 11th-14th and get 30% off with the attached coupon. The Leukemia & Lymphoma receives 5% of what you spend.

Gap

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4100498;
    My beef today is about kids being out of school so much. It is ridiculous, and they wonder why they are so arrested in their academic development. They were out last week, for election day....and you know that all of the K-12 kids needed to vote!! They are out again today, for a professional development day; all well and good, and I hope it's mandatory. Next week, they take 2 days off for conferences. Then here comes the turkey day holidays....fair. Let's see, they have plenty of trouble reading, they can't tell time, simple arithmetic/math is a very tall hill to conquer.....and the parents aren't too keen on them getting much better. Bad teachers.....not all teachers.....are hard to get rid of because of the strength of the teachers' unions. I am so glad that my child is away from the public school system. I'm with the president. I'm for year-round school, or at least extended days. Something has got to give. It's an embarrassment.
    They use the schools as polling places here which is why school is out for the day. Can't have all those adults going to the polling places when the kids are around. So I can understand why they are out for election day.

But I agree that education is impacted.

My daughter had an excellant kindergarten teacher. I was room mother that year as well. This teacher was so sweet and so good with the kids. Found out the next year, she had been going through an awful divorce with abuse as well. She didn't bring it into the classroom with her. Not everyone can do that. What I've been through this year has impacted every aspect of my life. I wish it hadn't. But I couldn't help it, no matter how hard I tried. So teachers are people too who have crisises in their lives. Yes, it sucks if you child is in that classroom, but we can't expect everything to be perfect.
    One of the things I still tell my daughter who is now a college student is that not alll learning in school is academics. We also learn how to get along with difficult people, indifferent people and other challenges. I'm 48 years old, having dealt with difficult teachers and other students I didn't like helped me learn how to get along in the workplace as I have worked for and with difficult people. It's life and I don't think school should be that insular because once out of school, life is hard enough without having had to learn other lessons besides the ones that come in books.

------------
    On another note. After a grueling week, am back in SC, am mostly unpacked. Rosie is VERY unhappy as it's cold. The family did an awesome job redecorating the living room and my daughter also surprised my husband and I with sort of setting up our office/craft room. Still much to do as we never really did unpack this house fully when we moved in Feb. and they also did some remodeling by tearing out the really ugly and useless built ins that were in EVERY room of the house.
    So, have been busy trying to organize, unpack, clean and get used to being with my family again. It's great to be with them, but I also got very used to living alone and so it's an adjustment. Also an adjustment for them too. And an adjustment for my husband and I after 7 months of separation. We are trying. It is going well so far.
    Now just need a job.
    Last edited by MRD; 11-11-2010 at 12:03 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I remember being in school, and our school being used as a polling place. No, we did not get the day off. I guess any excuse is better than none, though.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Good luck MRD.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4103116;
    I remember being in school, and our school being used as a polling place. No, we did not get the day off. I guess any excuse is better than none, though.
    We had municipal election here in Southern Ontario a couple of weeks ago and schools wer used as voting stations. The schools didnt close, just the gym was off limits to the kids that day.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;4103076;
    ...One of the things I still tell my daughter who is now a college student is that not alll learning in school is academics. We also learn how to get along with difficult people, indifferent people and other challenges...
    So true! I guess that's something we learn to appreciate over time, but I will now remember that it's important to explain this to our children as they are going through it. Good advice.

Also - wishing you the best as you settle back in there.

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey;4103171;
    We had municipal election here in Southern Ontario a couple of weeks ago and schools wer used as voting stations. The schools didnt close, just the gym was off limits to the kids that day.
    That is how is was for me in grade school, Jr. high and high schools.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

You know, I graduated college and ended going into a field that only required a high school diploma....and I got a whole additional education that college never even touched on. To this day, I am grateful for every bit of education that I got. I am sooo much more well-rounded and happier due to my post-college education/experience.

Honestly, I think the public school systems could stand to "think outside of the box".

+ Reply to Thread