+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7238Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Looking for opinions. She likes to talk about her thoughts and experiences. He likes to talk about where he's been. She gets him to comment on something she says, but he immediately goes back to talking about his travels. How does this measure up, because she likes him?

I told her I'd ask my panel of experts! (I didn't tell her, but I think she should move on. I hate to formulate all by myself.)
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

You're spot on Shay. He is uncomfortable showing who he is and banks on where he's been and what he's done as being impressive enough to hold her attention.

How long have they been seeing each other? He could be nervous and/or trying to impress her. Any reason he would feel she's a little out of his league, so trying to "prove" himself? I'd give it a little more time or *gasp* be honest and put the cards on the table (gently) before moving on. If that's the only issue... it's hard to find a good man out there!
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4087778;
    How long have they been seeing each other? He could be nervous and/or trying to impress her. Any reason he would feel she's a little out of his league, so trying to "prove" himself? I'd give it a little more time or *gasp* be honest and put the cards on the table (gently) before moving on. If that's the only issue... it's hard to find a good man out there!
    Ain't that the truth. I know they are out there...somewhere...but WHERE?

I used to joke with another single lady about how having a boyfriend is kinda like having an anvil fall out of the sky. When you are entertaining thoughts of "getting involved" with someone, look up and think twice.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

It sounds like either they don't have anything in common or they are trying to find some common ground and haven't yet.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Bunny.....very interesting observation that I had not considered.

Gut, they have been "talking" for about a year, but they don't even live in the same city.

nennie, they've known each other for years and were pretty close at one time. I guess it's safe to say that people change.

That's why I'm always bragging on you guys. You give me food for thought. People will come to me and say, "Ask your friends this......"
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Shay, ain't that the truth. I get THE best advice here. I usually get ideas I never even considered. It gives me a lot of different viewpoints to help me make decisions.

Ya'll are better than Dear Abby.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey

I think that is the beauty of this place. We are from different parts of the country, of different socioeconomic backgrounds, different ages, and in different stages of our lives. All of our experiences come to bear when we find a fellow poster in need and we share freely of our thoughts, sympathies, hopes and dreams for ourselves and others.

I fled to FORT from the motherboard and have never regretted it for one minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;4088237;
    I think that is the beauty of this place. We are from different parts of the country, of different socioeconomic backgrounds, different ages, and in different stages of our lives. All of our experiences come to bear when we find a fellow poster in need and we share freely of our thoughts, sympathies, hopes and dreams for ourselves and others.

I fled to FORT from the motherboard and have never regretted it for one minute.
    Amen, sistah! That's what I love about the FORT too.....we all have something to share.
    And Columbia, MD....what's the motherboard?
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Motherboard is the ABC board.

+ Reply to Thread