+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6264Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I don't think they were "cheaters" (reading glasses) and, I'd be willing to bet you that he has not seen the eye doctor to have the 'scrip changed in a very long time. Maybe he did himself a favor by leaving them there? They were all twisted with one of the nose pieces broken off. Don't know what they looked like before they got smushed under the hood. If he had thought to just hand them to me while he installed my battery, we wouldn't have all of this drama.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;4086364;
    Shay -- hope the glasses that needed replacing were the variety you can buy just for reading and not expensive Rx glasses. They are really pricey.
    My SO takes his glasses (bifocals) off to read close up but so far he hasn't left them under the hood of either of our cars!!

Ah, the fun of getting older.....
    Make sure you get the prescription from the eye doc and you can get glasses that are just as good from zennioptical.com for a fraction of the price--believe it or not the quality is just as good even for weird prescrips.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I often find my husband's glasses in the weirdest places! I have this game I play: guess what hubby was thinking/doing when he left his glasses where I found them. Lots of laughs, cheap entertainment. Luckily, he has a good sense of humor...
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I really like the new CPR guidelines that say "no mouth-to-mouth"! By a long shot, that is the most disgusting part of CPR.

Now, I need to know if that includes all ventilations.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I had some coffee today (not decaf)...it was good. Seems like the right thread to mention it.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;4086941;
    I had some coffee today (not decaf)...it was good. Seems like the right thread to mention it.
    VR -- Regular coffee is good if it is prepared properly and is fresh.
    I drink one cup of "real" coffee with my breakfast every day and stick to water and decaf tea foe the rest of the day. I could not function without my one cup of "real" stuff.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4086849;
    I really like the new CPR guidelines that say "no mouth-to-mouth"! By a long shot, that is the most disgusting part of CPR.

Now, I need to know if that includes all ventilations.
    And yet the one time I performed CPR for real, I never gave it a thought. My only thought was focused on the job at hand and trying to save the person. A life is at stake, I don't care how disgusting something is, if I can help save a life, I am not ususally thinking disgusting, what's going through my mind is what needs to be done and how it needs to get accomplished. I become totally focused on the job at hand.

I once used my bare fingers to dig vomit out of a young man's mouth and throat at a party where he passed out and thrown up and needed to breathe before the ambulance got there. And I was prepared to give him CPR vomit and all. But once I cleared the airway, he could breathe.

You do what you gotta do.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I've met the vomit. It ain't easy. It does no one any good when I'm vomiting, too. Not workable for me.

OK, coffee people, what do you do about coffee breath? That doesn't look good/feel good on me, either. Maybe I'm a little overly sensitive to it. Have been known to ask somebody to step back because of their coffee breath.

Make sure you brush and floss, brush your tongue too, after the coffee! The second two are just as important as the first. I have the same problem--cant stand it, but like my coffee. I've cut back on my mid day coffee since getting on Cpap, but still carry a brush and floss with me.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Coffee breath is much preferred to beer/alcohol or general bad breath, so a non-issue to me.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

+ Reply to Thread