+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6258Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by anemone;2128314;
    How about jumbo shrimp: Are they jumbo or are they shrimp? Discuss amongst yourselves.
    They're shrimp! Anyone wanna argue with me?

MRD
    I'm sorry, but I have to take the Jumbo stand here! Cause you know me, I just have to be different!

Sooooo, anyone want to come to a painting party tomorrow? I can serve one of 3 things I have made and have frozen: homemade chicken noodle soup, homemade Chili or some fantastic Gumbo.

The more you paint, the more you get to eat and I'll throw in all the beer too, except for Lois who can have gingerale and can't paint because of the fumes, but could sit and tell everyone when they miss a spot.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Why don't LL and I just stay in the kitchen and......stir the soup, that's it, we'll stir the soup. And maybe do some liberal sampling.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2128390;
    Why don't LL and I just stay in the kitchen and......stir the soup, that's it, we'll stir the soup. And maybe do some liberal sampling.
    Well there you go, you both have jobs now and can be the painting crew support staff. Kind of like the Painting Pit Crew!

-------------------------------------------
    Ho Hum, Friday night, nothing to do, boredom has set in. Nothing good on tv and we are sitting here staring at each other.
    I got tired of that and came to the computer.

Is it too early to go to bed? Man, whatever happened to Fri night? Used to be so fun, now we are so old and boring.
    Last edited by MRD; 11-03-2006 at 07:56 PM.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2128442;
    Is it too early to go to bed?
    I'm right with ya sistah! Husband and I were crashed out on the couch. What a bunch of old fogies.

See you at your painting party. Muduh and I will make sure the soup is stirred real good!

And anemone, who's that televangelist with that awesomely bad hair? Benny Hinn maybe? I remember seeing him on TV and just wanting to throw pies at him. I have no idea why...

Pit crew? Do we get cute coveralls?

Funny that you all mentioned the early to bed thing. My niece and I used to double date all the time and we always looked forward to Friday nights soooo much. Now I just look forward to it getting dark so that I can break out the pj's and she said she's the same way.

Nothing to do? Every Friday we rent a Mystery Science Theater movie and laugh...

MRD - would that gumbo have jumbo shrimp in it?

Don't y'all get too tired from painting. Our house goes up for sale this month and once we move, we'll be painting the new place. I make a great wedding soup.

Muduh, after dinner all I can think of is a hot shower and my flannel p.j.s .
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

I have a friend who is Catholic and her daughter has a baby out of wedlock. It's ok to do that, but its not ok to "live in sin" with the baby's father. Her baby was allowed to be baptized. My friend was saying that its not ok to teach birth control, but that then its ok to have a baby out of wedlock.

and the church does do things according to how much money you throw at them. We had a similar experience in our family when my brother went to marrry a Catholic. The priest actually asked for a "donation" to speed up the wedding as my future SIL was pregnant. I'm sure that not everyone has to spend money, but I'm sure the money helps.
    It's an absolute lie that the Church will not perform annulments or weddings without money. Nor do they take money to 'speed things along'. I am Catholic, and I was married in the Roman Catholic Church, in a nuptial mass. I wanted to hurry things along as I was older and hoping to have children (not because I was already having one, just fyi). At NO time did anyone ask for MONEY. Priests take a vow of poverty, anyway.

Also, it still took several months, which is as fast as things can be 'hurried along' as being married in the RC Church requires a ton of paperwork. Even if that priest wanted to take a bribe to rush through a wedding, MRD, it isn't possible. Sounds like you need to recheck the story. (And btw, the Church also does not promote living together, no - partly because in the Roman Catholic religion, marriage itself is one of the Sacraments. So why would it promote/endorse anything else?)

As for it "being okay" to have a child out of wedlock, well no it's not okay in the way you mean it...but you must know the RC Church's position on life (in other words, a pregnant woman will likely be encouraged NOT to have an abortion, yes!). But I can tell you for sure - nowhere in Catechism does it recommend to go out and "get pregnant out of wedlock". Anyway, you seem to be railing against the human compassion someone expressed toward this young woman - but do you honestly think the RC Church would tell her to have an abortion? The RC Church doesn't teach birth control for the same reason - its views on the issue of preborn life. From Church standpoint there is no contradiction there at all. Being true to one's faith isn't a crime, but since no one went after her angrily, it's implied Catholics are hypocritical on this issue. In fact both issues mentioned above as to the young woman are consistent from a faith perspective. If viewing it through the values of another faith it may not make sense. But that's not what you said.

I'm not here to argue abortion issues at ALL. But please, don't misrepresent the faith of millions of people. I am not telling others what to believe, or saying "this is what's right" - not at all, that's not my point. I'm telling others what Roman Catholics believe. Big difference. The RC Catechism is even online, if anyone has questions as to what and why.
    Last edited by Brandy; 11-04-2006 at 03:35 AM.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2128490;
    Pit crew? Do we get cute coveralls?

Funny that you all mentioned the early to bed thing. My niece and I used to double date all the time and we always looked forward to Friday nights soooo much. Now I just look forward to it getting dark so that I can break out the pj's and she said she's the same way.
    You wait till dark to put on the pj's? Mine go on usually around 5 pm sometimes earlier!

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2128669;
    Nothing to do? Every Friday we rent a Mystery Science Theater movie and laugh...

MRD - would that gumbo have jumbo shrimp in it?

Don't y'all get too tired from painting. Our house goes up for sale this month and once we move, we'll be painting the new place. I make a great wedding soup.

Muduh, after dinner all I can think of is a hot shower and my flannel p.j.s .
    Please go post your wedding soup recipe. I LOVE that soup and have never found a good recipe for it. I love soup period.

Yes, the gumbo did have jumbo shrimps in it!

Brandy, I totally respect what you are saying and there are always different circumstances in any religion. That said, almost all of us agreed to change the subject and move on as we could see this topic heading in a direction that none of us wanted to go in.

As Lois posted above: Jumbo Shrimp, are they Shrimp or are they Jumbo???
    Last edited by MRD; 11-04-2006 at 07:15 AM. Reason: change of topic

You know what I always chuckle about is while reading the store ads, they advertise "fancy" shrimp. or "fancy" apples or whatever. How does a shrimp go about being fancy, as opposed to the plain old blue collar shrimp?

mrd, it's getting harder and harder to wait until dark for the pj's. I think I'm building up to the "around the clock" pj's.

+ Reply to Thread