+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6180Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Gutmutter, sorry about the washing machine issues, I hope they can get fixed soon. That can wear you down. And congrats on the medical news! Wow, how fantastic can it get! I hope your visit with your mom was good, too.

That's fantastic news Gut.

The visit with my mom went well, which if you knew even a fraction of our complex relationship, is saying a lot. So now I'm into the next phase of the new house... over all the huge expenses and the MOM inspection, one moderate expense (new roof on the mud room), a moderate want (woodstove), some "if/when I can afford them" items like better windows, and some long-term projects like fixing up the out-building into a seasonal hang-out and landscaping. It's all good.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Friend and I picked up a wicker love seat I had bought a couple weeks ago but had no way to get it home. Decided we could tie it to the top of the car. Realized after tying it up there good and tight, we had tied the doors to the car shut.

One back door was open, so I had to go in the back and climb over the front seat and then wait for her to go in the house and get scissors to cut me out of the car when we got to my house.

Have not laughed like that in ages.

And our husbands said we couldn't do it. Not only did we do it, the loveseat was very secure and didn't fall off the car (which was their fear). They really weren't all that surprised we tied the car doors shut though.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm seeing it all in my mind.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

I called mine from the driveway and said: "Hey, I'm sitting in the car waiting for Nancy to come cut me out of it." His reaction: "WHAT????? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE????"

I said we tied the doors shut and he started laughing hysterically. He was still laughing when I hung up.

It was a sight, let me tell you.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey

MRD -- so glad you are making lemonade out of lemons!! A little laughter goes a long, long way.

But... you got the Love seat home... too funny MRD
    I love it when I can accomplish something, that I wasn't sure I could do.
    Gut I'm so happy for your great health news and the Mom visit went well.
    A visit from my Mom can be so stressful, she's a good person...but I just don't feel like I ever measure up to her and my older sister.
    I was a Daddy's girl.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;4085064;
    Friend and I picked up a wicker love seat I had bought a couple weeks ago but had no way to get it home. Decided we could tie it to the top of the car. Realized after tying it up there good and tight, we had tied the doors to the car shut.

One back door was open, so I had to go in the back and climb over the front seat and then wait for her to go in the house and get scissors to cut me out of the car when we got to my house.

Have not laughed like that in ages.

And our husbands said we couldn't do it. Not only did we do it, the loveseat was very secure and didn't fall off the car (which was their fear). They really weren't all that surprised we tied the car doors shut though.
    That sounds like an I Love Lucy episode!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4085057;
    The visit with my mom went well, which if you knew even a fraction of our complex relationship, is saying a lot. So now I'm into the next phase of the new house... over all the huge expenses and the MOM inspection, one moderate expense (new roof on the mud room), a moderate want (woodstove), some "if/when I can afford them" items like better windows, and some long-term projects like fixing up the out-building into a seasonal hang-out and landscaping. It's all good.
    That is great news about your mother's visit going well. I surely remember how complex your relationship has been in the last few years! Fixing windows is a great goal - we have all double pane types in our house and it saves lots of money in the long run - I know that there are tax breaks for fixing your house up right now and that could include windows, but I think that those are expiring soon.

MRD, super funny about the doors being tied in. I recently crammed an 8 drawer dresser in my Corolla and brought it to a garage sale across town - what a sight I must have been wrestling it down the stairs, through the house and into my car! Mr. C was out of town at the time, but I decided not to wait for him. It was quite a calorie burning exercise! And mentally challenging as well as it only went in one way (I tried about 3 different ways, each time having to get it back out without tearing my car apart)

+ Reply to Thread